1. Lubbock, Texas
    Moves
    23 Aug '07 00:19
    I posted an invitation for a new game a little while ago, then received four e-mails:
    1. Opponent #1 has accepted at 6:24PM
    2. Opponent #1 has moved at 6:24PM
    3. Opponent #2 has accepted at 6:29PM
    4. Opponent #2 has moved at 6:29PM
    These all indicated the same Game ID, 3948681, in the URL. The game has been started with Opponent #2 as white; I'm not sure what happened to Opponent #1. The game is going along fine, just wanted to let you know.
  2. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '07 00:25
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    23 Aug '07 01:032 edits
    Originally posted by Nebrexan
    I posted an invitation for a new game a little while ago, then received four e-mails:
    1. Opponent #1 has accepted at 6:24PM
    2. Opponent #1 has moved at 6:24PM
    3. Opponent #2 has accepted at 6:29PM
    4. Opponent #2 has moved at 6:29PM
    These all indicated the same Game ID, 3948681, in the URL. The game has been started with Opponent #2 as white; I t sure what happened to Opponent #1. The game is going along fine, just wanted to let you know.
    You posted a game. Someone took the game and made a move. They must have deleted that game for some reason.

Your game goes back to the list, rather than you having wasted time creating a game that someone would delete.

Player 2 has taken this game, and with luck will finish. If anyone makes 3 or so moves you would have a win, rating change... and need to create a new game.

This is a somewhat new feature to prevent people from accepting games and deleting them for no reason. Your game just goes back to the list until you get a real game to play out at least 3 moves or so.

Hope that helps. You are not playing 2 people, the first guy bugged out.

P-
  4. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    23 Aug '07 01:19
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    You posted a game. Someone took the game and made a move. They must have deleted that game for some reason.

Your game goes back to the list, rather than you having wasted time creating a game that someone would delete.

Player 2 has taken this game, and with luck will finish. If anyone makes 3 or so moves you would have a win, rating change... and ...[text shortened]... moves or so.

Hope that helps. You are not playing 2 people, the first guy bugged out.

P-
    That's a great new feature. I like it. 🙂

Great job admin, 😀
  5. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    23 Aug '07 01:20
    But a delete message should have been send too, I guess?
  6. Lubbock, Texas
    Moves
    23 Aug '07 13:19
    Gotcha. Thanks.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree