1. Joined
    16 Jan '08
    Moves
    05 Jul '08 14:13
    This has happened with some frequency -- I put up an invite, and short while later I'll get multiple acceptance notifications, but only the most recent one will end up as my opponent. Why does this happen?

At first I thought maybe the previous respondant changed their mind and trashed the game, but usually I get a notification if a game is trashed, plus I wouldn't think it'd happen THAT often.

Stranger still, yesterday I had the same thing happen, then we made some moves, and when I returned, I saw my invite had gone back into the queue. Again, no trash notification. Any thoughts on this?

I tried searching the forums beforehand, but the search feature seems limited to the author, and the site search doesn't seem to cover forum threads.

Thanks,

zfp
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    05 Jul '08 17:511 edit
    Originally posted by zotfotpik
    This has happened with some frequency -- I put up an invite, and short while later I'll get multiple acceptance notifications, but only the most recent one will end up as my opponent. Why does this happen?

At first I thought maybe the previous respondant changed their mind and trashed the game, but usually I get a notification if a game is trashed, plu ed to the author, and the site search doesn't seem to cover forum threads.

Thanks,

zfp
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    05 Jul '08 22:123 edits
    If someone accepts the open invite and then deletes it after, for example looking at your profile, it gets put back in the open invites list automatically. That sounds like what has happened with you.

Sorry, dunno why you didn't get a notification email.

re:searching:
    Try the google search link below the author search box.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree