1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    18 Oct '06 19:53
    I've taken myself to the subscription site twice now but dare not supply my details because of the fact that my email address is a free one...The computer I use to get online is not my own (mine has never been online), and I'll be honest...I am not exactly computer savvy when it comes to setting up email accounts etc.

Am I asking for trouble if I proceed anyway or am I worrying about nothing?
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    18 Oct '06 19:57
    Originally posted by Agerg
    I've taken myself to the subscription site twice now but dare not supply my details because of the fact that my email address is a free one...The computer I use to get online is not my own (mine has never been online), and I'll be honest...I am not exactly computer savvy when it comes to setting up email accounts etc.

Am I asking for trouble if I proceed anyway or am I worrying about nothing?
    The credit card details will never be sent to your email address, so no need to worry about that.

D
  3. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    18 Oct '06 20:25
    cheers for that...I've subscribed 🙂
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Oct '06 21:56
    why? there's no decent tournaments anymore.
  5. Joined
    18 May '05
    Moves
    19 Oct '06 22:341 edit
    Why? there's NO decent forums/threads/posts anymore
  6. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    20 Oct '06 13:32
    Originally posted by trevor33
    A little support wouldn't go amiss.
    Thread 52938

D
  7. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    20 Oct '06 19:32
    Originally posted by trevor33
    For just short of £17 I can feel slightly better about myself for taking such advantage of the RHP teams efforts, can enter clans (if any would have me 😉 ) play many more than 6 games at a time, lose the ads and more...3 or 4 trips worth of petrol to my nearest chess club is a reasonable price to pay for this!
  8. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    20 Oct '06 21:13
    For just short of £17 I can feel slightly better about myself for taking such advantage of the RHP teams efforts, can enter clans (if any would have me 😉 )
    I bet lots.

Are you a Mac owner / user? Then you might be interested in joining my clan, perhaps?
  9. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    21 Oct '06 16:08
    Originally posted by Aiko
    I bet lots.

Are you a Mac owner / user? Then you might be interested in joining my clan, perhaps?
    Used to be a mac user! (as an artworker)...but alas... not a mac owner.
  10. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    21 Oct '06 17:051 edit
    Used to be a mac user! (as an artworker)...but alas... not a mac owner.
    A former Mac user, that's good enough. With graphical design as your background? At least you (should) know the more than equal alternative of silly Windows.

If you would like to join, you are more than welcome. We don't play many challenges, so don't be afraid you get overwelmed with games.
  11. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    22 Oct '06 15:172 edits
    A former Mac user, that's good enough. With graphical design as your background? At least you (should) know the more than equal alternative of silly Windows.

If you would like to join, you are more than welcome. We don't play many challenges, so don't be afraid you get overwelmed with games.
    hehe...silly Windows aye!!! 😀
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '06
    Moves
    23 Oct '06 16:54

As a relative newcomer to PCs I should be obliged if you would tell me about the advantages of Mac as compared with Windows.
  13. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    23 Oct '06 19:01
    Originally posted by Philodor
    As a relative newcomer to PCs I should be obliged if you would tell me about the advantages of Mac as compared with Windows.
    The ease of use of the one over the other.

For instance when it comes to confirmation and alert windows; Windows creates a much higher number of pop-up windows demanding confirmation with quite some consequences if you accidentaly hit the wrong button. And due to the number of buttons, inconsequences of placing and focus of these buttons and the explaining text with many lines and the general nature of asking the most silly and irrelevant questions at the wrong moments, doesn't make the system any better.

This is just one example.

It is the ease of use that makes the difference for most users in favourable of the Mac. The Mac OS provides a much lower level of frustration while you are performing your tasks.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree