1. Joined
    24 Apr '09
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 16:09
    I have an odd opponent who was asking irritating questions. Now he/she hasn't moved in 2-3 weeks and there is an icon that says "Opponent banned. Please Wait." What am I waiting for?
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 16:31
    Originally posted by Amy Lawrence
    I have an odd opponent who was asking irritating questions. Now he/she hasn't moved in 2-3 weeks and there is an icon that says "Opponent banned. Please Wait." What am I waiting for?
    If you have a game in progress with this person you will probably eventually be awarded a win on that game. I don't know what kind of time controls you have in that game but eventually you should also be able to click a skull on your "my games" page after they have used all of their time.
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '09
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 16:38
    Thanks. What would someone be banned for and why would I have to wait? Does that mean they might be allowed back?
  4. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    07 Sep '11 17:492 edits
    Originally posted by Amy Lawrence
    Thanks. What would someone be banned for and why would I have to wait? Does that mean they might be allowed back?
    Perhaps it was for the 'irritating questions' he was banned for...perhaps what you considered irritating others considered more so, there is a list of things you cannot do here if you click 'Terms Of Service'. Look for yourself here at the bottom of the page, under 'support.' Then look to 6. 'member conduct.'
    No, he won't be allowed back.
    EDIT: Unfortunately 'please wait' means just so, a period of time to administer all his games..to award these games and perhaps the points also. This is unfortunate for the non subscriber as it effectively limits you to 5 concurrent games until this player has effectively been 'swept under the carpet'. I've been waiting 18mths for one of mine.
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    08 Sep '11 09:08
    If you've waited a couple of weeks after the ban date, you can send feedback requesting that UserId xxxxxx have his games resigned. It's a manual process and is easily overlooked by whoever has it on their task list.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree