1. london
    Moves
    29 Oct '08 22:52
    I have a situation where my opponent is clearly going to get beaten, so he has marked himself as on holiday and seems to be this way indefinately. He first did this a while back, making a move now and again,but he has stopped moving now, even though he profile says that he is moving in other games. I think the guy is trying to bore me into resigning. Is there anything I can do?
  2. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    29 Oct '08 23:19
    Originally posted by Spiderstu
    I have a situation where my opponent is clearly going to get beaten, so he has marked himself as on holiday and seems to be this way indefinately. He first did this a while back, making a move now and again,but he has stopped moving now, even though he profile says that he is moving in other games. I think the guy is trying to bore me into resigning. Is there anything I can do?
    'vacation' can be used anyway the user wants, to a max of 36 days per year (1st Jan - 31st Dec).

There is nothing you can do, except maybe subscribe and have this cushion for yourself too or resign and move on - depends on how much one number (your rating) means to you compared to another number (your game slots).

If you are going to win .. then with patience, you will win.
  3. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    30 Oct '08 09:18
    Re User 335977
    As already mentioned there is nothing you can do 🙁
    He states that despite being on holiday that he has taken a laptop with him so there is hope that he may move albeit 2 days since his last move. Being a new subscriber he could permanently go awol so you may even get a time out from the game.
  4. ALG
    Moves
    30 Oct '08 13:40
    'vacation' can be used by every subscriber to get extra timebank. This means that he's got 36 days more timebank than you. You can't do anything now, but in future you can play games without timebank
  5. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    31 Oct '08 12:22
    Originally posted by Thomaster
    'vacation' can be used by every subscriber to get extra timebank. This means that he's got 36 days more timebank than you. You can't do anything now, but in future you can play games without timebank
    Or boycott subscribers and play only non-subs.
  6. Standard memberpatrickrutgers
    Pale Yellow Star!
    Minneapolis
    Moves
    01 Nov '08 02:31
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Or boycott subscribers and play only non-subs.
    Have I got a club for you! [club]171[/clubid]. We've got tournaments in the forums for non-subscribers.

For what it's worth I have an opponent in clan matches who's timebank is used up, but he's claiming vacation, so I can't claim the timeout. The questionable thing is...he's been making moves in other games.
  7. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    01 Nov '08 05:212 edits
    Originally posted by patrickrutgers
    Have I got a club for you! [club]171[/clubid]. We've got tournaments in the forums for non-subscribers.

For what it's worth I have an opponent in clan matches who's timebank is used up, but he's claiming vacation, so I can't claim the timeout. The questionable thing is...he's been making moves in other games.
    Club 171

No thanks.....🙁

I wrongly thought that the PTB would've sorted out this ridiculous vacation system by now. [I repeat, IMO it's almost as bad as cheating for one side to have more time to move than the other] It's CERTAINLY an unfair situation.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    01 Nov '08 15:451 edit
    nvm...
  9. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    01 Nov '08 20:29
    You can always move. I find this speeds up a game. He moved over 24 hrs ago 😛
  10. Standard memberpatrickrutgers
    Pale Yellow Star!
    Minneapolis
    Moves
    03 Nov '08 15:32
    oh, he's moving again AND still on vacation. amazing! User 391647 said he was bogged down in a tournament...so...not on vacation
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    03 Nov '08 20:46
    If it would not be within the rules to move during the vacation, then Russ would make it impossible to do so.

It is possible, therefore it is within the rules.

I don't see the problem here...? Are we talking about the problems of the vacation system altogether, are we? Then we should be specific.
  12. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    04 Nov '08 00:54
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If it would not be within the rules to move during the vacation, then Russ would make it impossible to do so.

It is possible, therefore it is within the rules.

I don't see the problem here...? Are we talking about the problems of the vacation system altogether, are we? Then we should be specific.
    I reckon that it is accepted that it is within the rules.
    I must admit I have had clan members frustrated when an opponent is on holiday and moving in other games but not theirs. This would frequently appear to be simply due to them being in a losing position and wishing to drag the game out.
    I think an improvement to the system could be your opponent able to see when you are due back from holiday.
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Nov '08 10:29
    If there is a tournament started with 0/14 in thinking times, no time per move, only 14 days for the whole game for each player, then it's very easy to win this tournament - you only set yourself to vacation as long as needed, 28 days.

But everyone can do this, so very much of a tournament it wont be.

Doing this is an abuse of the vacation system in my opinion. On the other hand, there is no 0/14 tournament started (I think).
    Is this a good day to revise the vacation system?
  14. Standard memberAudioRapture
    Skull Disco, Jr.
    Moves
    04 Nov '08 12:50
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If there is a tournament started with 0/14 in thinking times, no time per move, only 14 days for the whole game for each player, then it's very easy to win this tournament - you only set yourself to vacation as long as needed, 28 days.
    Wrong logic - when you are on vacation your timebank *still* runs out. Therefore, your suggestion is a surefire way to /lose/ such a tournament by pretty much guaranteeing the bottom position.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/myhome/myvacationsettings.php:
    "Timebank will continue to deplete during a vacation."
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Nov '08 13:11
    Originally posted by AudioRapture
    Wrong logic - when you are on vacation your timebank *still* runs out. Therefore, your suggestion is a surefire way to /lose/ such a tournament by pretty much guaranteeing the bottom position.

http://www.redhotpawn.com/myhome/myvacationsettings.php:
    "Timebank will continue to deplete during a vacation."
    The timebank still runs out, but you cannot be timed out during your vacation, so it doesn't matter if you don't have time left. The plot works.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree