1. Standard memberpatrickrutgers
    Pale Yellow Star!
    Minneapolis
    Moves
    04 Nov '08 14:53
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    The timebank still runs out, but you cannot be timed out during your vacation, so it doesn't matter if you don't have time left. The plot works.
    Right, then it becomes a vacation, no? That is, once your opponent is low on timebank, he can turn on his vacation. Then it becomes a matter of who has the most vacation time available. Or who is best at a weird and unfortunate game of stretching their vacation time out the longest by flicking it on and off.
  2. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    04 Nov '08 19:34
    It is a difficult one. Some sort of system requires to be in place but no matter what there will always be those that abuse it.
    Possibly if there was a max of 15 day blocks with a minimum of 30 days between blocks then it may stop some of the abuse.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Nov '08 20:20
    Originally posted by patrickrutgers
    Right, then it becomes a vacation, no? That is, once your opponent is low on timebank, he can turn on his vacation. Then it becomes a matter of who has the most vacation time available. Or who is best at a weird and unfortunate game of stretching their vacation time out the longest by flicking it on and off.
    Yes, in the extreme form. When I am low on timebank I go on vacation and move when I want rather when I must.

This is one of the problems with the current vacation system. But still, it is better than the one before.
  4. Standard memberpatrickrutgers
    Pale Yellow Star!
    Minneapolis
    Moves
    04 Nov '08 20:22
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    It is a difficult one. Some sort of system requires to be in place but no matter what there will always be those that abuse it.
    Possibly if there was a max of 15 day blocks with a minimum of 30 days between blocks then it may stop some of the abuse.
    What exists now is a limited number of vacation days per calendar year, yes? I wonder if it would be interesting if you could see how many vacation days your opponent has left?

By the way...I assume you think the new fastest growing clan on RHP, Spinning Stars, is somehow more--what?--substantial than Pale Yellow Star Clan!? 😉

It's kind of an "old" idea, no?
  5. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    04 Nov '08 20:38
    Originally posted by patrickrutgers
    What exists now is a limited number of vacation days per calendar year, yes? I wonder if it would be interesting if you could see how many vacation days your opponent has left?

By the way...I assume you think the new fastest growing clan on RHP, Spinning Stars, is somehow more--what?--substantial than Pale Yellow Star Clan!? 😉

It's kind of an "old" idea, no?
    Interesting how you have your ear to the grapevine. Yes it is the fastest growing clan and as there are 120 members eligible for the rotating stars but they are curtailed to 20 members there was a niche in the market. Oded Blayer saw this niche and so started "Spinning Stars"
    Don't be upset that you won't be eligible for a few years 😀

The ability to see how many days are left until current holiday expired and how many are left would appear to be a good idea
  6. Standard memberpatrickrutgers
    Pale Yellow Star!
    Minneapolis
    Moves
    04 Nov '08 21:41

Don't be upset that you won't be eligible for a few years 😀
    Upset!? Pah! I'll enjoy my youth. You enjoy your Old Timers Clan. 😉
  7. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    04 Nov '08 22:29
    Some sort of system requires to be in place but no matter what there will always be those that abuse it.
    All that is needed is for 2 different types of tournies/clan challenges/challenges etc to be available. 1 with vacation allowed, and 1 without.

ALL problems solved.

D
  8. Joined
    23 Dec '07
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 20:14
    I have 6 days vacation left but have to have a triple heart by-pass operation that will overun my allocation. What can I do?

The Count of Ten
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 20:19
    Originally posted by The Count of Ten
    I have 6 days vacation left but have to have a triple heart by-pass operation that will overun my allocation. What can I do?

The Count of Ten
    You have two choices: (1) Postpone the operation, or (2) take the timeouts. Perhaps a (3)rd is that you ask Russ for temporary immunity.
  10. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 20:23
    Originally posted by The Count of Ten

The Count of Ten
    Another possibility is to message all your opponents with this info and request that they do not collect the skulls during your absence. Personally I believe that the majority of your opponents would respect your request.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    21 Nov '08 21:29
    Another possibility is to message all your opponents with this info and request that they do not collect the skulls during your absence. Personally I believe that the majority of your opponents would respect your request.
    ...even me.
  12. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 10:33
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    All that is needed is for 2 different types of tournies/clan challenges/challenges etc to be available. 1 with vacation allowed, and 1 without.

ALL problems solved.

D
    I sent feedback requesting exactly that when it was first introduced.
    I was informed it was not possible. 🙁

Who knows why not!?!
  13. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 10:43
    But still, it is better than the one before.
    You may think it's better for YOU, but it's definitely not better or fairer to ALL!
    In fact, it's completely unfair to those who cannot use it when their opponents are using it against them as extra timebank..

It's a ridiculous state of affairs and makes a laughing stock of the whole system.

This is not just my opinion, it is a fact.
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 11:13
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    You may think it's better for YOU, but it's definitely not better or fairer to ALL!
    In fact, it's completely unfair to those who cannot use it when their opponents are using it against them as extra timebank..

It's a ridiculous state of affairs and makes a laughing stock of the whole system.

This is not just my opinion, it is a fact.
    What kind of vacation system do you want, Doctor? What do you think is the best?
  15. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    23 Nov '08 13:13
    What kind of vacation system do you want, Doctor? What do you think is the best?
    His other profession is a teacher so he believes in 12 weeks holiday a year 🙁

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree