Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 20 Nov '09 18:25 / 1 edit
    People of R.H.P.

    Have you ever been in a situation where you fall upon a 'pet line' and know you played a sucsessful defence against it here a R.H.P. in the past?
    Is there a way of finding it without trawlling your way through every single game on your profile page?
  2. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    20 Nov '09 18:29
    Originally posted by Hells Caretaker
    People of R.H.P.

    Have you ever been in a situation where you fall upon a 'pet line' and know you played a sucsessful defence against it here a R.H.P. in the past?
    Is there a way of finding it without trawlling your way through every single game on your profile page?
    Game explorer needs a box for you to plug your name in.

    I don't use it much, perhaps it's already there?

    Do you use it?

    P-
  3. 20 Nov '09 18:39
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Game explorer needs a box for you to plug your name in.

    I don't use it much, perhaps it's already there?

    Do you use it?

    P-
    No never, in fact I've not heard of it, could you tell me more about it?
  4. 20 Nov '09 19:08 / 1 edit
    >Create a new folder. No more than 24 folders can be created. A folder's name is limited to 32 characters.


    You can narrow down the search by using folders to separate your games into different catagories. I have such folders as "QGD", "Sicilian", "White opening N-f3", etc. With 24 folders avaible you could even divide up an opening you play by color, "Ruy Lopez as White" and "Ruy Lopez as Black". This would certainly cut down on the number of games you have to search through looking for a particular theme.
  5. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    20 Nov '09 19:15 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Hells Caretaker
    No never, in fact I've not heard of it, could you tell me more about it?
    http://www.timeforchess.com/gamesexplorer/

    Replace 'timeforchess' with your brand used at RHP.

    It's a database of all games at RHP.

    Not sure it's the solution for you, but can't hurt to know about it. With luck, it might actually help.

    Even if it's not your solution, it's a good tool less advertised and good to know about.

    Keep in mind there is a setting for 1400+ as well as higher rated games. That's probably where your games will show up.

    Not sure how often it's updated. There are a small number of threads here at RHP about the tool, but it's just not well advertised and not sure how well it is updated.

    P-
  6. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    20 Nov '09 19:17
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    http://www.timeforchess.com/gamesexplorer/

    Replace 'timeforchess' with your brand used at RHP.

    It's a database of all games at RHP.

    Not sure it's the solution for you, but can't hurt to know about it. With luck, it might actually help.

    Even if it's not your solution, it's a good tool less advertised and good to know about.

    Keep in mind ther ...[text shortened]... the tool, but it's just not well advertised and not sure how well it is updated.

    P-
    Ohhhhh!

    There is a "MY GAMES" option on left!

    P-
  7. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    20 Nov '09 19:17
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Ohhhhh!

    There is a "MY GAMES" option on left!

    P-
    Congratulations, you finally helped someone rather than slag them.
  8. 20 Nov '09 20:23 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Congratulations, you finally helped someone rather than slag them.
    ............Phlab, Monty thanks, I'll crawl back under my pebble.