Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 06 Jan '06 20:26
    hi !!
    I am a new challenger and i cant see the board on my screen that is a bit unconfortable to play !!
    can somebody help me please ??

    ty bye.
  2. Standard member celticcountry
    Copyright ©2001-2006
    06 Jan '06 20:32 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by nico083
    hi !!
    I am a new challenger and i cant see the board on my screen that is a bit unconfortable to play !!
    can somebody help me please ??

    ty bye.
    .look at My Settings (on the red band up above). there are board settings up there.


    There are also 2 other sites.

    timeforchess.com

    chessatwork.com

    they are all this site.

    hope that helps
  3. 06 Jan '06 20:47
    ty for your help but i've ever seen that menu but my computer or my connection cant show the board grid !!
    i dont know where the pb comes from because my registration was well done but ????.....

    and what are these sites u send to me ??

    ty bye.
  4. Standard member celticcountry
    Copyright ©2001-2006
    06 Jan '06 21:19 / 1 edit
    them 2 sites are REDHOTPAWN

    they are here. try them and see.

    its not complicated at all.

    you may be able to view board better at the alternative sites.

    just log in like you log in here.

    If it still doesnt woirk. come back and we'll see what we can fix
  5. 06 Jan '06 21:29
    ty for your help
    i will try and answer you later !!
    bye.
  6. 07 Jan '06 09:56
    I tried to use the other sites but it also doesnt work !!
    I think i will always play without seeing the board grid !!!
    If you have anothers suggestions to solve this pb .....

    ty bye.
  7. 07 Jan '06 20:02
    Originally posted by nico083
    I tried to use the other sites but it also doesnt work !!
    I think i will always play without seeing the board grid !!!
    If you have anothers suggestions to solve this pb .....

    ty bye.
    You can see everything, but the boardgrid? The main menu, the links at the top, the sidebar with message, next game and all that? But you can't see the board? Is that it? You can see the pieces, right? How else can you play?
  8. 07 Jan '06 21:13
    Originally posted by nico083
    I tried to use the other sites but it also doesnt work !!
    I think i will always play without seeing the board grid !!!
    If you have anothers suggestions to solve this pb .....

    ty bye.
    Which browser are you using?
    Could be your security settings are too high.
    Or could be because of pop up blockers.
    What exactly do you see? A blank page, or what?
  9. 08 Jan '06 03:51
    I also am new to the site. I was foolin around, seeing which kind of pieces I liked. When I selected "wood" the board went away! Try >my setting >board settings & go for the one on the extreme right.
  10. 08 Jan '06 11:14
    ty for your help my friends !!
    I see exactly the pieces and all the menus but not the board !!
    Its like i could move the pieces on a blank board !!
    My browser is mozilla firefox and i am interrested by the pop up blockers solution but i dont know how to unblock the pop up so a little more help plz

    ty very much.
  11. 08 Jan '06 11:22
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Which browser are you using?
    Could be your security settings are too high.
    Or could be because of pop up blockers.
    What exactly do you see? A blank page, or what?
    ty but i already use that configuration and my board is blank again.
  12. 08 Jan '06 11:35
    i change my browser settings and i authorized pop ups for redhotpawn.com but no changes !!! ;-(
  13. 08 Jan '06 14:57
    Originally posted by nico083
    ty for your help my friends !!
    I see exactly the pieces and all the menus but not the board !!
    Its like i could move the pieces on a blank board !!
    My browser is mozilla firefox and i am interrested by the pop up blockers solution but i dont know how to unblock the pop up so a little more help plz

    ty very much.
    In Firefox,
    Have a look in Options, via Tools and in the Web Features section check the relevant boxes, mine are all ticked except the box "for the originating web site only".
  14. 08 Jan '06 17:18
    Originally posted by nico083
    i change my browser settings and i authorized pop ups for redhotpawn.com but no changes !!! ;-(
    Check your javascript settings. Have you disabled any javascript functions?

    I think in english it would be: tools->settings (options)->web??? and click the advanced button to check your settings.

    I haven't actually partaken in building this site but it's possible they use javascript to highlight boxes and draw the board as well.

    Good luck.
  15. 08 Jan '06 18:33 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by stocken
    Check your javascript settings. Have you disabled any javascript functions?

    I think in english it would be: tools->settings (options)->web??? and click the advanced button to check your settings.

    I haven't actually partaken in building this site but it's possible they use javascript to highlight boxes and draw the board as well.

    Good luck.
    They do use javascript at this site, which is the reason I directed the person to where I did to ensure that it was enabled.
    As nico083 is using Firefox, it's slightly different to IE.