1. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    15 Mar '10 21:08
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Don't ask anything about a game in progress. TOS 3(b). Do I need to say more?
    if you want to be proven wrong do as i ask. not everyone is a no no to talk about when the game is in progress. simple common sense.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Mar '10 23:07
    No you've said quite enough now please shut up .

He wasn't asking for help you're being a pain.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '10 05:41
    Originally posted by Sam The Sham
    No you've said quite enough now please shut up .

He wasn't asking for help you're being a pain.
    I didn't comment you, neither theshepherds, only trev.
    I'm happy that you think I've stated my point clearly and you that agree.
    TOS 3(b) says that you cannot ask for help in a game in progress. Enough said.
  4. Oerlikon
    Moves
    16 Mar '10 23:50
    I was asking what rules were in place, clearly it was a rhetorical question as I believe he had castled when not allowed to. It is perfectly acceptable for me to question if a rule enforcement had failed on the part of the engine.

Before you jumped in, I had already withdrawn the question as I had realised my mistake (Playing on a small IPhone, when the game log reverses the board, hey, gimme a break)

TOS 3(b) as you repeatedly quote , does not apply and is not relevant to my question.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '10 10:20
    Originally posted by theshepherds
    I was asking what rules were in place, clearly it was a rhetorical question as I believe he had castled when not allowed to. It is perfectly acceptable for me to question if a rule enforcement had failed on the part of the engine.

Before you jumped in, I had already withdrawn the question as I had realised my mistake (Playing on a small IPhone, when ...[text shortened]... break)

TOS 3(b) as you repeatedly quote , does not apply and is not relevant to my question.
    I just commented in general. Not directed to you specifically.

I've mentionned later about the TOS 3(b), this was not directed to you specifically. I made it clearer about the difference between asking about a game in progress, and asking a general question about chess rules. I think the TOS 3(b) says it quite clearly in the text. I don't have to repeat it.

The discussion is over on my part, as everyone seem to have understood my point.
  6. Joined
    24 Jun '08
    Moves
    17 Mar '10 13:33
    Are chess engines allowed during the game? Do I need to say more?
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '10 14:37
    Originally posted by ratherbighammer
    Are chess engines allowed during the game? Do I need to say more?
    TOS 3(b) says:
    "While a game is in progress you may not refer to chess engines, chess computers or be assisted by a third party. Endgame tablebases may not be consulted during play but you may reference books, databases consisting of previously played games between human players, and other pre-existing research materials."
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    17 Mar '10 20:58
    I just commented in general. Not directed to you specifically.

I've mentionned later about the TOS 3(b), this was not directed to you specifically. I made it clearer about the difference between asking about a game in progress, and asking a general question about chess rules. I think the TOS 3(b) says it quite clearly in the text. I don't have to repeat it.

The discussion is over on my part, as everyone seem to have understood my point.
    understood and disagreed with.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree