Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 24 Jan '11 18:00
    thanks for your help. when i click on my games and choose to make a move the screen that opens shows only half a screen without the board!!!! how do i rectify this? thanks again
  2. Standard member Igloo
    Fishing
    24 Jan '11 18:09
    Originally posted by dongbrain
    thanks for your help. when i click on my games and choose to make a move the screen that opens shows only half a screen without the board!!!! how do i rectify this? thanks again
    What is your internet connectivity like? Does the page load very slowly?

    I've had problems loading the full page (the board especially) when I have problems with my internet provider.

    If that's not the problem, maybe clear your cache? That solves a number of problems.
  3. 24 Jan '11 18:12
    i thank u very much 4 your help but how do i clear my cache??
  4. Standard member Igloo
    Fishing
    24 Jan '11 18:20 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by dongbrain
    i thank u very much 4 your help but how do i clear my cache??
    What internet browser are you you using? Firefox? Internet explorer?

    Using firefox, go to "Tools", and click "clear recent history". I'll try to find out how to do it in IE in a moment

    EDIT: ok for internet explorer, go to "Tools", the click "internet options". Then look for the "Temporary internet files" section and click on "delete files".

    oh, and both of these methods may mean that you need to log into RHP again.
  5. 24 Jan '11 18:26
    wow you are amazing!!! that has worked a treat and i cant thank you enough. if i ever play you i am going to let you win!!!! cheers mate paul
  6. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    24 Jan '11 20:31 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by dongbrain
    wow you are amazing!!! that has worked a treat and i cant thank you enough. if i ever play you i am going to let you win!!!! cheers mate paul
    Games Played------157
    Rated----------------156
    Won------------------74
    Favors Repaid----80
    Drawn----------------3
  7. Subscriber Helder Octavio
    Luso-brasileiro
    25 Jan '11 12:53
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Games Played------157
    Rated----------------156
    Won------------------74
    [b]Favors Repaid
    ----80
    Drawn----------------3[/b]
  8. 25 Jan '11 14:32
    I find very difficult to obtain a game with opponents having a rating of 2200 or more, similar to my rating. May i know the way to obtain it?
  9. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    25 Jan '11 15:00
    Originally posted by Payun
    I find very difficult to obtain a game with opponents having a rating of 2200 or more, similar to my rating. May i know the way to obtain it?
    Create game invites with the stipulation of rated 2150+ or so. That way low rated players don't take them. If the 2200+ users want to play, they'll click.

    P-
  10. Standard member Igloo
    Fishing
    25 Jan '11 15:32
    Originally posted by Payun
    I find very difficult to obtain a game with opponents having a rating of 2200 or more, similar to my rating. May i know the way to obtain it?
    Choose someone off the Player Table and challenge them directly.

    Although, at your level, you may want to include some proof that you're human. Certain top ranked players are known to be fussy about playing chess engines.
  11. Standard member zozozozo
    Thread Killing Chimp
    25 Jan '11 23:14
    Originally posted by Igloo
    What internet browser are you you using? Firefox? Internet explorer?

    Using firefox, go to "Tools", and click "clear recent history". I'll try to find out how to do it in IE in a moment

    EDIT: ok for internet explorer, go to "Tools", the click "internet options". Then look for the "Temporary internet files" section and click on "delete files".

    oh, and both of these methods may mean that you need to log into RHP again.
    FAQ
  12. Subscriber Kewpieonline
    chess dummy
    25 Jan '11 23:31 / 1 edit

    I find very difficult to obtain a game with opponents having a rating of 2200 or more, similar to my rating. May i know the way to obtain it?
    You could also keep an eye out for banded tournaments. Most of them only go up to 1800+ level but it's a way of making contact with similar-rated users.
  13. 03 Feb '11 12:02
    I can't seem to bring up the board so I can play. I've tried refresh and clearing the cache but nothing seems to help. I can see most of the site, play blitz games but not the regular games. Very frustrating.
  14. Subscriber Kewpieonline
    chess dummy
    03 Feb '11 12:33
    If rebooting your computer doesn't work, can you get the MyGames page?
  15. 07 Feb '11 16:41
    I get the page I can't get the board when I click on the players' names.