1. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    07 Dec '04 16:04
    Read GauravV's profile... geesh. I guess the masters were using fritz?

P-
  2. Standard membermateulose
    Look, it's a title!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    09 Dec '04 19:18
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

P-
    Yep, amazing, isn't it? By reading a few annotations from GM games, you can play like/better then a GM! Wow, if that were true, I would have the highest rating in history, like 3500!
  3. Tbilisi,Georgia
    Moves
    16 Dec '04 21:37
    Originally posted by RolandYoung
    Your post is still there, in the original thread: http://www.redhotpawn.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=16698

Maybe I shouldn't have suggested the improved thread title.😳 Still, at least it shows that there are some generous folk on RHP. Perhaps next time we should ask the game mods to check someone out when they make such a request.
    lets see maybe he is really good player.lets play with him and check him🙂
  4. Standard membermateulose
    Look, it's a title!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Dec '04 23:37
    LOL, look at his rating graph, at least he's a cheater with a sense of humor.
  5. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    28 Jan '05 10:48
    Bump!

D
  6. Standard memberflexmore
    Quack Quack Quack !
    Chesstralia
    Moves
    28 Jan '05 12:579 edits
    Originally posted by Phlabibit

P-
    sometimes i hate devil's advocates ... sometimes i am them ...

maybe GauravV feels uncomfortable displaying a less than godlike command of the english language;

this is something i encountered when travelling in india:
    one day at a train station in rajastan this guy sat down next to me and said something like ......
    "Excuse me your very kind sir. Could i please converse with you in your natural tongue? I would like to understand the english language, however my unfortunately pathetic knowledge of its use, my feeble inability to grasp it's inner meaning, my pitifully vacuous familiarity with such a vital, universal and intercontinental cross-cultural communication facility, leaves me unable to comprehend its subtle innuendos. Please help me; I would like to learn to speak just a few words of English."

i dont remember my exact response ... i probably fidgeted, burped, farted, grunted, and then eventually managed a few three and four letter words ...
    he was a nice guy ... he was genuine ... he wanted to learn english from me !!!!!!
    we were on the train together.
    it took a while to get through the etiquette ... eventually, of course, we found that it was me who was learning the language from him.

strange things happen across the great cultural divide.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Jan '05 22:27
    Almost 500 games, was rated 1660, dropped to 800, now climbing back up. I don't see the problem. hahahahahahahahahahaha
  8. Joined
    07 Jul '04
    Moves
    29 Jan '05 10:53
    How can you accuse someone just by looking at his rating? 😕
  9. Joined
    07 Jul '04
    Moves
    29 Jan '05 10:53
    I mean... the rating graph! 😕
  10. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    29 Jan '05 12:37
    Originally posted by Kapil Gain
    I mean... the rating graph! 😕
    Unfortunately, you can only see the last 300 games.

But to answer your question. Graphs can be a great hint of cheating. If a player plays distinctly poor for the first few months (hovering around 1000-1200), and then suddenly shoots up faster than a rocket up to 1900, then normally u know something is suss.

D
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Jan '05 15:17
    Well, guarev certainly jumped on that star someone bought him, he now has 169 games in progress! He'd better be a good player.
  12. Standard memberMIODude
    me, not you
    CaNaDa
    Moves
    29 Jan '05 19:001 edit
    With all those games in progress.. he must be doing a lousy receptionist job, since he can only play while at work 🙄

edit: actually re-read.. internet access for free he said... didn't say at work.. so.. guess it could be at home. I'll just shut up now..😕
  13. Joined
    07 Jul '04
    Moves
    30 Jan '05 05:02
    My rating graph is pretty bumpy too! Just take a look at it! Mind you, I am not a cheater! The downfall in my rating was owing to few goodwishers of RHP who timed me out.
  14. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    30 Jan '05 05:14
    Originally posted by GauravV
    Infact I am working in IT company as receiptionist. So dont have much money but have internet access for free.
    Yea right. If my receiptionist (sic) didn't run the spell check over my outgoings then he/she would be an un-receptionist.
    And who on Gods earth sponsored yet another engine user a subscription. Jesus wept. I am seriously fckued off!

skeeter
  15. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    13 Sep '06 05:411 edit
    Bump?

EDIT: Skeeter, arts tutors don't get receptionists.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree