Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 28 Jan '14 12:20
    Everytime I hit "submit" a pop up ad for Daily Consumer Tips" comes up. This just started happening today. Is there anyway to stop this?
  2. Subscriber Ponderable
    chemist
    28 Jan '14 13:16
    Originally posted by awc222
    Everytime I hit "submit" a pop up ad for Daily Consumer Tips" comes up. This just started happening today. Is there anyway to stop this?
    Russ always tells us that there are no pop-up ads here. So maybe you want to check your computer for malware?
  3. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    28 Jan '14 14:10 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    Russ always tells us that there are no pop-up ads here. So maybe you want to check your computer for malware?
    If you are a sub, and you get pop-ups on this site, malware scan right away. The ads are not coming from this site, so act as soon a possible to remove any malware.

    The advice is the same for non-subs too, but there is a (very) small chance that our preference to not server pop-ups is being ignored by an ad network. So if any other non-sub members are seeing pop-ups after a malware scan, please let us know via site feedback.
  4. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No. 16
    28 Jan '14 18:00
    I see ads but do not consider them to be "popups".
    The ones I see are consistently located in the same place near the top and the ad goes all the way across.
    Some are lightly animated, and they usually change to another ad whenever I move to a different page or refresh the page.
  5. 01 Feb '14 09:34
    Originally posted by awc222
    Everytime I hit "submit" a pop up ad for Daily Consumer Tips" comes up. This just started happening today. Is there anyway to stop this?
    I had the same problem. I downloaded an anti virus called malwarebytes & it took care of the problem immediately. It's free for 14 days but I ended up buying it
  6. Standard member RevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    01 Feb '14 11:50
    Originally posted by taipei5200
    I had the same problem. I downloaded an anti virus called malwarebytes & it took care of the problem immediately. It's free for 14 days but I ended up buying it
    Just a note for anyone else reading this, 'spybot search and destroy' is free and certainly amongst the best...
  7. Subscriber Kewpie
    chess dummy
    01 Feb '14 22:37
    Malwarebytes has a good free version too.
  8. Subscriber Steve45
    Garry Kasparov
    04 Feb '14 01:23
    Ive downloaded malware, sptbot, and something called sparktrust, but those dammed ads just keep popping up. Any ideas anybody.