Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. Standard member no1marauder
    Caustic/Disagreeable
    26 Jan '08 23:03
    I just got a new system with a Canon PIXMA iP1800 Printer and it's not printing out the board and pieces nor the icons at the top of the Time for Chess page. It doesn't have any problem printing out the board and pieces from Fritz though. Anybody have any idea why this is happening and/or a solution?
  2. Standard member MCA
    TokerSmurf
    27 Jan '08 12:06 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I just got a new system with a Canon PIXMA iP1800 Printer and it's not printing out the board and pieces nor the icons at the top of the Time for Chess page. It doesn't have any problem printing out the board and pieces from Fritz though. Anybody have any idea why this is happening and/or a solution?
    i cant help with how to get around it but if i do a "print preview" i do not see the board or pieces either. (i have a HP PSC 1410 which indicates that it is not just your printer at fault).

    (i think) it is because they are not part of the page's core HTML but added on top of the core HTML when the page is rendered.

    It might be easier to take a screen dump and paste it into Word (or any alternative) and then print from there.
  3. Standard member dweezil
    Canuck savant
    27 Jan '08 14:15
    Originally posted by MCA
    i cant help with how to get around it but if i do a "print preview" i do not see the board or pieces either. (i have a HP PSC 1410 which indicates that it is not just your printer at fault).

    (i think) it is because they are not part of the page's core HTML but added on top of the core HTML when the page is rendered.

    It might be easier to take a screen dump and paste it into Word (or any alternative) and then print from there.
    Wouldn't it just be easier to use the "print board" button, and not worry about the icons?
  4. Standard member MCA
    TokerSmurf
    27 Jan '08 15:23
    Originally posted by dweezil
    Wouldn't it just be easier to use the "print board" button, and not worry about the icons?
    oh yeah - you can tell how often i bother printing then huh

    yeah ... the "Print board" feature is the way to go lol
  5. Standard member no1marauder
    Caustic/Disagreeable
    28 Jan '08 21:12
    Originally posted by dweezil
    Wouldn't it just be easier to use the "print board" button, and not worry about the icons?
    The "print board" works fine. Odd but since I don't have any use for the icons that'll do. Thanks.