1. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Jan '08 23:03
    I just got a new system with a Canon PIXMA iP1800 Printer and it's not printing out the board and pieces nor the icons at the top of the Time for Chess page. It doesn't have any problem printing out the board and pieces from Fritz though. Anybody have any idea why this is happening and/or a solution?
  2. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    27 Jan '08 12:061 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I just got a new system with a Canon PIXMA iP1800 Printer and it's not printing out the board and pieces nor the icons at the top of the Time for Chess page. It doesn't have any problem printing out the board and pieces from Fritz though. Anybody have any idea why this is happening and/or a solution?
    i cant help with how to get around it but if i do a "print preview" i do not see the board or pieces either. (i have a HP PSC 1410 which indicates that it is not just your printer at fault).

(i think) it is because they are not part of the page's core HTML but added on top of the core HTML when the page is rendered.

It might be easier to take a screen dump and paste it into Word (or any alternative) and then print from there.
  3. Standard memberdweezil
    Canuck savant
    Moves
    27 Jan '08 14:15
    Originally posted by MCA
    i cant help with how to get around it but if i do a "print preview" i do not see the board or pieces either. (i have a HP PSC 1410 which indicates that it is not just your printer at fault).

(i think) it is because they are not part of the page's core HTML but added on top of the core HTML when the page is rendered.

It might be easier to take a screen dump and paste it into Word (or any alternative) and then print from there.
    Wouldn't it just be easier to use the "print board" button, and not worry about the icons?
  4. Standard memberMCA
    TokerSmurf
    Bonnie Scotland
    Moves
    27 Jan '08 15:23
    Originally posted by dweezil
    Wouldn't it just be easier to use the "print board" button, and not worry about the icons?
    😳 oh yeah - you can tell how often i bother printing then huh 😳

yeah ... the "Print board" feature is the way to go lol 😳
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Jan '08 21:12
    Originally posted by dweezil
    The "print board" works fine. Odd but since I don't have any use for the icons that'll do. Thanks.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree