1. Joined
    16 Jan '05
    Moves
    30 Jun '14 09:48
    I don't know if the last update introduced a bug but I used to work through move scenarios in the 'game history' screen by dragging and dropping pieces. This no longer seems possible - is there a problem.

I've rebooted and reloaded RHP but no change.

Thoughts?
  2. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    30 Jun '14 09:55
    Originally posted by Tonks
    I don't know if the last update introduced a bug but I used to work through move scenarios in the 'game history' screen by dragging and dropping pieces. This no longer seems possible - is there a problem.

Thoughts?
    I'll look at reintroducing the free board on game history. Is there any reason why this is used in preference to the board analysis page?
  3. Joined
    16 Jan '05
    Moves
    30 Jun '14 10:07
    Aaah...that's a way round it!

Like most 'Silver Surfers' we stick with what we know and I hadn't spotted the 'board analysis page'. I've only been on RHP for 8 years 😉

Thanks for the help, Russ.
  4. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    30 Jun '14 15:191 edit
    Originally posted by Russ
    I'll look at reintroducing the free board on game history. Is there any reason why this is used in preference to the board analysis page?
    I've been having problems with the board analysis screen on iOS and Mac OS X. It often freezes after a couple of moves (I can't make any further moves, but I can 'reset to board at play' ). I then have to reload to be able to make further moves. This has happened ever since the big site update several months ago.

Today I find I can only move one piece before it stops accepting other moves, and reloading still only lets me make one move. This is on iOS — I haven't tried on the Mac today.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    30 Jun '14 15:40
    Originally posted by NoEarthlyReason
    I've been having problems with the board analysis screen on iOS and Mac OS X. It often freezes after a couple of moves (I can't make any further moves, but I can 'reset to board at play' ). I then have to reload to be able to make further moves. This has happened ever since the big site update several months ago.

Today I find I can only move one p ...[text shortened]... d reloading still only lets me make one move. This is on iOS — I haven't tried on the Mac today.
    This will be investigated. A fix should arrive in 24 hours if reproduced.
  6. Standard membermarc56
    writer and editor
    Forlì
    Moves
    30 Jun '14 17:26

Thoughts?
    The same thing happens to me from today.
  7. Joined
    09 Feb '12
    Moves
    30 Jun '14 17:28
    Me too, until yesterday it was ok.
  8. Standard membermarc56
    writer and editor
    Forlì
    Moves
    30 Jun '14 17:55
    Aaah...that's a way round it!

Like most 'Silver Surfers' we stick with what we know and I hadn't spotted the 'board analysis page'. I've only been on RHP for 8 years 😉

Thanks for the help, Russ.
    yes, the board analysis is working. Me too I had never used it previously...
  9. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    30 Jun '14 18:06
    The cursor (arrow) keys will work for browsing history, as before.

Remember that the move list table must be clicked beforehand. There was a glitch (a JavaScript error) that prevented it from working, even though the functionality was still there.

This may be the cause of the iPad issues. We will test this ourselves this today.
  10. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    30 Jun '14 19:51
    iPad appears to be working as designed.
  11. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    30 Jun '14 22:05
    Originally posted by Russ
    iPad appears to be working as designed.
    I still have the problem. I've never noticed this before but the one move I can make (any move, legal or otherwise) causes the game history on the analyse board screen to update (even missing an opponent's move out from the game history if I 'move' out of turn). I've tried quitting Safari, logging out and back in, and rebooting the iPad.

iPad 3 WiFi 32GB, iOS 7 fully up to date (unless there's been a very recent update, like in the last week or so).

I've just tested this on an old Mac running Safari 4 on Tiger and the problem's exactly the same, with an additional bug that isn't that important.
  12. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    30 Jun '14 22:25
    On Chrome on iPad iOS 7 I can reproduce something similar, but not Safari. Fixing this chrome issue may solve your problem. It will be investigated tomorrow.
  13. Standard memberEager2Learn
    Eager2Learn
    Kirkintilloch
    Moves
    01 Jul '14 03:29
    I have iPad Air and I am no longer able to move my "What if I did this" or better yet "What if I took his/her queen and move my knight on the next move?" Etc, etc.

It was something I came to rely on, I called it "My what if" board. I could play out any crazy scenario, to work out what it might look like. I like this freedom on the board history, is there any way it can be brought back, if for no other reason than by popular vote?

Thank you. And a happy July 4th to all!
  14. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 09:511 edit
    Just to add that on my iPad 3, since this morning, I cannot make actual game moves at all. However, I can on an iPad 2. Also, just tried conditional moves in Chrome on Mavericks, and like with analyse board I can only make one change to the board, so I can't set up any conditionals at all.

Edit: Now, after reading a thread in Site Announcements, I see that I can use drag and drop (on a computer only, not my iPad), so at least I can analyse board and make conditional moves, if not in the way I'm used to.
  15. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 13:371 edit
    Isn't the analysis board available to you? It's much better than game history for this purpose.

{responding to Eager2Learn}

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree