1. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 13:421 edit
    Having just tested with an iPad on iOS 7.0.9, there was no problem with any function (drag and drop, or touch and touch). A little slow, but no different to before.

I'm just installing iOS 7.1.1 to test against that, and then iO7 7.1.2 which coincidentally came out the same day as the site update.
  2. Forum Moderator
    02 Jul '14 15:25

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 15:25
    Checks out on both :
    Safari on iO7 7.1.1
    Safari on iO7 7.1.2

(iPad 3)

Much slower than I would like, but it does work as designed for both touch and drag and drop.
  4. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 15:41
    Originally posted by Russ
    Checks out on both :
    Safari on iO7 7.1.1
    Safari on iO7 7.1.2

(iPad 3)

Much slower than I would like, but it does work as designed for both touch and drag and drop.
    I'm finding that the first move of a pawn or piece can be made by tapping it and then another square or dragging it, but subsequent moves must be tap and drag (I had no idea until now that dragging was possible on rhp on iOS, actually. Was that a new UI tweak?).

I'm about to update to 7.1.2, so I'll check again and let you know if there's any difference.
  5. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    02 Jul '14 15:45
    Drag and drop was introduced for all boards in April 2013 on all devices.
  6. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    03 Jul '14 01:10
    Drag and drop was introduced for all boards in April 2013 on all devices.
    Thank you. Same problem after update.
  7. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Jul '14 21:31
    The cause has been identified. With move sounds off, this issue occurs. A fix will be incoming shortly.
  8. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    03 Jul '14 21:54
    This is now fixed. After failing to unearth any issue on OS X, with all flavours of browser tested with no new leads to pursue, my wife suggested it was "that annoying noise" at which point the penny dropped of a possible cause - and it proved to be. 🙂
  9. Joined
    10 Nov '12
    Moves
    03 Jul '14 23:32
    This is now fixed. After failing to unearth any issue on OS X, with all flavours of browser tested with no new leads to pursue, my wife suggested it was "that annoying noise" at which point the penny dropped of a possible cause - and it proved to be. 🙂
    Clearly a technical genius, your wife 😉 . Thanks for sorting it out.
  10. Joined
    09 Feb '12
    Moves
    06 Jul '14 18:36
    still not working on my PC
  11. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    07 Jul '14 14:15
    Originally posted by diuperup
    still not working on my PC
    Can you confirm if you are using the "Board history" or the "Game analysis" page?
  12. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    27 Aug '14 14:111 edit
    i too did not know about game analysis, however, now having tried it, i have to say that what was available in game history was better, and here is one simple reason why. in game history, at least the way it was, you could play out a series of complex moves, that if you did not like where it took you, you could just hit last, and be right where you started, the current move. in analysis, maybe i haven't figured it out yet, but it does not seem to be that simple. if you hit last, you get to your last theoretical move, not the beginning of where you started, the current move. first just gets you back to the beginning of the game. seems that short of reloading it to start another set of hypothetical moves, the only way to get back to where you were before is the previous button backtracking through all the moves you just tired ... am i missing something here?? thought the other way was much more efficient.
  13. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    27 Aug '14 19:36
    Originally posted by doug989
    i too did not know about game analysis, however, now having tried it, i have to say that what was available in game history was better, and here is one simple reason why. in game history, at least the way it was, you could play out a series of complex moves, that if you did not like where it took you, you could just hit last, and be right where you started, ...[text shortened]... you just tired ... am i missing something here?? thought the other way was much more efficient.
    Reset all in analyze mode takes you back to the game position.
  14. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    28 Aug '14 02:19
    thanks, ill try that now ... appreciate the tip

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree