Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 16 Mar '06 11:27
    Hi.
    Trying to resign for a better player (wont waste his/my time). When i press the "resign" button nothing happens...
    Can anyone please tell me why?
    Kenneth
  2. 16 Mar '06 12:31
    Originally posted by KNormann
    Hi.
    Trying to resign for a better player (wont waste his/my time). When i press the "resign" button nothing happens...
    Can anyone please tell me why?
    Kenneth
    you must confirm the resignation and then submit move.
    hope that helps
  3. 16 Mar '06 12:40
    Well i tries, but when i press the "resign" button nothing happens. And i mean nothing...
  4. Standard member Aiko
    Nearing 200000...!
    16 Mar '06 14:40
    Maybe aspviper666 wasn't clear enough? You need to move nonetheless, as you would normally do when you want to play on. You need not only hit the 'Resign' link, but the checkbox that appears beneath it too.

Or: are you sure you haven't checked the 'Claim draw' box instead?
  5. 16 Mar '06 14:59
    The problem is that whatever i do when pressing the "resign" button nothing happens. There is no checkbox popping up, not before or after i move, nothing happens at all...
  6. 16 Mar '06 15:03
    Try a differnt browser (and no you don't have to 'move' as normal though you do have to press the submit move button).
  7. 16 Mar '06 15:04 / 1 edit
    And how/were do i get a new/different browser?
  8. 16 Mar '06 16:15 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by KNormann
    And how/were do i get a new/different browser?
    http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

or

http://www.opera.com/
  9. Subscriber cashthetrash
    PoPeYe
    16 Mar '06 17:32
    Or it could be that you need wait and resign on your turn. You won't be able to resign on his turn.
  10. 16 Mar '06 17:38
    Originally posted by cashthetrash
    Or it could be that you need wait and resign on your turn. You won't be able to resign on his turn.
    Actually he should be able to do that. It's one of the things which were introduced with the new board code.
  11. Standard member rhb
    Ginger Scum
    16 Mar '06 18:15
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Actually he should be able to do that. It's one of the things which were introduced with the new board code.
    I was nearly silly enough to test this
  12. Standard member reader1107
    petting the cat
    17 Mar '06 03:20
    Originally posted by rhb
    I was nearly silly enough to test this
    In the interest of furthering scientific knowledge, I'd be more than willing to have you send me a rated game and then resign it when it's not your turn. All for the good of the cause, of course! I'm very kind that way.
  13. Subscriber cashthetrash
    PoPeYe
    17 Mar '06 17:06
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Thing about tecnology is by the time you finally become an expert someone comes behind you and changes it just to make a fool out of you.