1. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    19 May '14 01:263 edits
    Oops, I meant to say conditional moves.

I used the conditional moves feature for the first time last night, but I don't know how (or if) I can load up more than one conditional move at a time. There were three possible moves my opponent might make and I knew what my response would be for each of those, but I was only able to set up a response for one of those moves.

So my question is, can I set up more than one conditional move at a time (from the same starting position)?
  2. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    19 May '14 12:36
    There are two flavours of conditional moves "Quick" and "Deep". The first option can store one conditional move the deep version several moves deep.

If you go to the game where it is your opponents turn you can move onec for them and set your replying move. Of course you can give only one conditional move to any position created by your opponents move. The system will automatically go bakc to the last position and you can move a different piece from your opponent and input your answer to that.

As far as I know you can't out in the Rochade yet.
  3. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    19 May '14 14:55
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    There are two flavours of conditional moves "Quick" and "Deep". The first option can store one conditional move the deep version several moves deep.

If you go to the game where it is your opponents turn you can move onec for them and set your replying move. Of course you can give only one conditional move to any position created by your opponents move. ...[text shortened]... opponent and input your answer to that.

As far as I know you can't out in the Rochade yet.
    Thanks for replying. I was hoping there was a way to program in more than one possible move and counter move from the same starting position, but being able to do one is enough for most positions where I'm anticipating my opponents next move. I've done this twice now, the first time he did not make the move I thought he would make but the second time he did.
  4. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    19 May '14 15:03
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    Thanks for replying. I was hoping there was a way to program in more than one possible move and counter move from the same starting position, but being able to do one is enough for most positions where I'm anticipating my opponents next move. I've done this twice now, the first time he did not make the move I thought he would make but the second time he did.
    One CAN create more than one position by different moves from the opponent. Just go to "quick" in the conditionals, move one of your opponets picese and move yours, press submit. The position will then automatically revert to the one on the board. Then move a different figure from your opponent and repeat the process.
    If however you reach the same postion by a different move order (in the deep mode) you can't set a different new position from there.
  5. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    19 May '14 17:37
    Originally posted by Ponderable
    One CAN create more than one position by different moves from the opponent. Just go to "quick" in the conditionals, move one of your opponets picese and move yours, press submit. The position will then automatically revert to the one on the board. Then move a different figure from your opponent and repeat the process.
    If however you reach the same posti ...[text shortened]... by a different move order (in the deep mode) you can't set a different new position from there.
    Thanks, I'll try that sometime when the same situation comes up again.

Just out of curiosity, how many times would I be able to do that? I noticed the number 1 when I set it up for doing this for one move and response, so I assumed I could set it up for 2 or 3 or etc. number of possible moves/responses.
  6. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    19 May '14 21:07
    I've done up to 4 in simple mode, no idea what the maximum is.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree