1. Joined
    19 May '06
    Moves
    02 Aug '06 14:27
    Check out this game Game 2220314. The game was going along at a cracking pace until the other day. Now nothing, just me and his trickling timebank...:'(

If my opponent loses his provisional status before I do and then resigns the game does the ratings rule below work in favour of him and against me?

Exerpt from FAQ's: If you have a non-provisional rating and you play a provisional-rated player, then you receive (or lose) only half the number of rating points you would normally. If the provisionally-rated player has played fewer than five games, then their rating is treated as 1200 when calculating your rating.
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    02 Aug '06 14:30
    Originally posted by THE BOXING CANDLE
    Check out this game Game 2220314. The game was going along at a cracking pace until the other day. Now nothing, just me and his trickling timebank...:'(

If my opponent loses his provisional status before I do and then resigns the game does the ratings rule below work in favour of him and against me?

Exerpt from FAQ's: If you have a non ...[text shortened]... ayed fewer than five games, then their rating is treated as 1200 when calculating your rating.
    If when the game ends your opponent is non-provisional you gain or lose the full points based on the rating formula.
    If when the game ends your opponent is provisional you gain or lose half the points you would normally.

That's it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree