Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 07 Jan '09 13:28
    Hi,

Is it possible to embed the progress of a game in a messageboard elsewhere so that people can watch me playing so-and-so at such-and-such a place?

JS
  2. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    07 Jan '09 15:04 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by Jobe Pshcaw
    Hi,

Is it possible to embed the progress of a game in a messageboard elsewhere so that people can watch me playing so-and-so at such-and-such a place?

JS
    Actually, games in progress shouldn't be a topic in the forums. There is always going to be someone who comes in and makes a comment about a move either side should or should not make.

Once your games are finished, you can go to the public forums and post a link to the game in a thread.

See the FAQ for ways of posting FEN, PGN, and links to games into any given thread. (They are all right in a row in the FAQ)

FAQ
  3. 07 Jan '09 21:32
    Thanks for the reply... I didn't mean this forum though, it's for a very small forum that about 6 friends talk on and it would just be nice to be able to watch each others' games there so i wondered if it was possible to link out the game to other sites/websites... e.g. if you had a blog could you embed it there (obviously you probably wouldn't want to for the reasons you mentioned but in the case of the forum i want to post it to, no one is going to make such comments...)..

I'll have a look at what you mentioned but could you let me know if what I want to do ISN'T possible?
  4. 07 Jan '09 22:49
    There doesn't appear to be anything in the FAQ regarding this type of embedding on webpages... I guess it's not possible then. If anyone knows how then I'd love to know...
  5. Subscriber Russ
    RHP Code Monkey
    09 Jan '09 15:38
    There doesn't appear to be anything in the FAQ regarding this type of embedding on webpages... I guess it's not possible then. If anyone knows how then I'd love to know...
    I have considered adding embeddable boards for blogs, so this may happen. No date for availability though.
  6. 09 Jan '09 16:28
    Okie doke. Ta.
  7. 09 Jan '09 22:02 / 1 edit
    Hi,

JS
    If you can embed HTML in your blog/forum then you could use an IFRAME element to pick up the analysis board for a specific game:

< iframe height="403" width="406" scrolling="no" frameborder="0"
    src="http://www.redhotpawn.com/gameanalysis/boardanalysis.php?gameid=Your game ID" >

The board is quite large and you'll be stuck with the default board colours and piece style.