1. Joined
    19 Feb '02
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 13:41
    Originally posted by climb2high
    did it yersterday.
    If you receive an answer, you do let us know? I didn't really care about flags 😴, but now I'm getting curious why Quebec was removed 😲
  2. Montréal, Québec
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 13:51
    Originally posted by adje
    If you receive an answer, you do let us know? I didn't really care about flags 😴, but now I'm getting curious why Quebec was removed 😲
    still no answer ... it's not as if I am in a rush, but I still want an answer.
  3. Montréal, Québec
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 15:49
    Is Vatican a member of UN or FIDE?
  4. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 16:15
    Originally posted by Moraito
    Is Vatican a member of UN or FIDE?
    No, but it's an official observer at the UN.

Richard
  5. Montréal, Québec
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 16:25
    So remove Vatican flag.
    Seriously, a flag takes 2k.
    And we have our flag for 2 or 3 months.
    Than it dissapear!
    WHY?
    I asked the site but have no answer yet.
  6. Montréal, Québec
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 16:39
    Here is the response I got :

Dear climb2high,

Thank you for your recent feedback.

The list of countries changes occasionally based on the latest information we
    have - I believe that the Quebec flag was introduced accidentally several months
    ago when we had incorrect information that Quebec was a country.

Please let me know if I can help further,

Regards,

-Chris
  7. Montréal, Québec
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 16:57
    That's a big lie😠
    I gave them a year ago the flag of Québec
    because they told me that they will add it to the list
    After that I've paid my subscription the answer had changed.
    They refused to add this marvelous flag😀 because Québec
    is not a country. Few months ago, I don't know why, the flag
    was added. What I think is that someone complain about it
    and they changed their mind. If not, what happened?
    So, if you cannot be fair with Québec as you are with other flags
    at least be honnest with us.
  8. Montréal, Québec
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 17:14
    😲
    Ho Look what I found...

Antartica! Not member of UN or FIDE...
  9. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    07 Mar '07 22:34
    ...Not member of UN or FIDE...
    That's not relevant.
  10. Montréal, Québec
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 00:17
    Why?
  11. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 07:15
    😲
    Ho Look what I found...

Antartica! Not member of UN or FIDE...
    Antartica is a friggin' continent. It's not a country ruled by a goverment or anything.

below'
    s from wiki:

Antarctica is Earth's southernmost continent, overlying the South Pole. Situated in the southern hemisphere and largely south of the Antarctic Circle, Antarctica is surrounded by the southern waters of the World Ocean. At 14.4 million km², Antarctica is the fifth-largest continent in area after Asia, Africa, North America, and South America; in turn, Europe and Australia are smaller. Some 98% of it is covered by ice which averages at least 1.6 km in thickness.

On average, Antarctica is the coldest, driest, and windiest continent, and has the highest average elevation of all the continents.[1] Since there is little precipitation, except at the coasts, the interior of the continent is technically the largest desert in the world. There are no permanent human residents and Antarctica has never had an indigenous population. Only cold-adapted plants and animals survive there, including penguins, fur seals, mosses, lichens, and many types of algae.

The name Antarctica comes from the Greek ανταρκτικός (antarktikos), meaning "opposite to the Arctic."[2] Although myths and speculation about a Terra Australis ("Southern Land"😉 date back to antiquity, the first confirmed sighting of the continent is commonly accepted to have occurred in 1820 by the Russian expedition of Mikhail Lazarev and Fabian Gottlieb von Bellingshausen. However, the continent remained largely neglected for the rest of the 19th century because of its hostile environment, lack of resources, and isolated location.

The Antarctic Treaty was signed in 1959 by 12 countries. The treaty prohibits military activities and mineral mining, supports scientific research, and protects the continent's ecozone. Ongoing experiments are conducted by more than 4,000 scientists of many nationalities and with different research interests.[3]

12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 08:301 edit
    There certainly are flags that should not be there. And there are countries who should be there.
    Like the Palestine. The palestinians are a member of UN and they are a member of FIDE.

I think there is a need for a revision of the already too big flora of flags in RHP. Don't bring in any more flags if the countries they represent are not members of either UN or FIDE.
  13. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 09:27
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    There certainly are flags that should not be there. And there are countries who should be there.
    Like the Palestine. The palestinians are a member of UN and they are a member of FIDE.

I think there is a need for a revision of the already too big flora of flags in RHP. Don't bring in any more flags if the countries they represent are not members of either UN or FIDE.
    Or sovereign but unallied states, such as the Vatican. There won't be many of those.

Mind you, one thing I do like is playing against people of as many different countries as possible. I'd like the option to collect the flags of all my opponents on a page; a sort of trophy room. Perhaps I'll suggest that in the Site Ideas forum.

Richard
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 10:14
    Originally posted by Shallow Blue
    Or sovereign but unallied states, such as the Vatican. There won't be many of those.

Mind you, one thing I do like is playing against people of as many different countries as possible. I'd like the option to collect the flags of all my opponents on a page; a sort of trophy room. Perhaps I'll suggest that in the Site Ideas forum.

Richard
    I did that once, I collected flags. But when I realized that a player with a chinese flag had New York as his location, I changed my view.

The flag can mean nationality, or it can be the location of the player, or neither, as is the case with the Antartican flag.
  15. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '07 13:461 edit
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    That's not relevant.

Why?
    There are many countries around the world which had there own flag long before FIDE or the UN were even thought of.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree