1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Jan '06 08:26
    Ok, I know that photos uploaded as a forum avatar have to be 50 x 50, but how big can the photos be that are uploaded for use in your profile?
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    23 Jan '06 09:541 edit
    Just to clarify they can be any size as can avatars. However they will be displayed as 150x60 (height x width). Therefore you are best to use an image that has that ratio otherwise they will appear stretched. For best viewing use the correct dimensions as the scaling can appear rough.

Also, for hosting images you'd be better off using www.imageshack.us, just paste the link or file you want to host into the box, select the right option and it'll give you a link to use on RHP.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Jan '06 10:23
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Just to clarify they can be any size as can avatars. However they will be displayed as 150x60 (height x width). Therefore you are best to use an image that has that ratio otherwise they will appear stretched. For best viewing use the correct dimensions as the scaling can appear rough.

Also, for hosting images you'd be better off using www.imageshack.us, ...[text shortened]... ou want to host into the box, select the right option and it'll give you a link to use on RHP.
    Ok, cool, it was the 150 x 60 that I was looking for, and thanks for the tip about imageshack...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree