1. Standard memberdarthplutonius
    Green Lantern Corps
    Space Sector 2814
    Moves
    26 May '06 14:33
    There should be a RSI option in RHP. Meaning, that if someone wants to play 50 games with players between 1200-1400 rating and a 7TO/7TB they can simply by entering the information and that RHP selects the last 50 players within such a rating to make a move and send an invite. The person for example would have 25 games with white and 25 games with black and a 7/7 time control.

It would then be up to the person receiving the invite to accept or decline the invite. As for the games in white, the person makes their move and waits for an accept or decline.

This would make it easier than having to go through profiles and inviting players one at a time. 😀
  2. Berks.
    Moves
    26 May '06 19:23
    Firstly this should be in site ideas.

Secondly, I think many people here really wouldn't like that idea - random games dropping into peoples games isn't too popular with some, and you propose to increase this automatically.

Can't you just use the open invites feature, or message those you'll be interested in playing?
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 May '06 19:35
    I see darthplutonius' point.
    But...
    If Russ implement this idea I think he also has to implement an option that hinders anyone to challange you, perhaps with a checkmark in your challange settings.
  4. Standard memberdarthplutonius
    Green Lantern Corps
    Space Sector 2814
    Moves
    27 May '06 00:20
    It is very simple-the challenge can be declined. Since it would be active players that would receive the invite, most would not mind another game. Besides, people can change their challenge settings. Meaning, they can limit the amount of games they will play at one time.😀
  5. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    27 May '06 00:25

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 May '06 02:30
    Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
    Worst idea I've heard in a long time.
    agreed - games out of nowhere are annoying.
  7. Standard memberdarthplutonius
    Green Lantern Corps
    Space Sector 2814
    Moves
    27 May '06 20:39
    That's why challenge settings are in place, but for those of us that do not mind having so many games it is helpful. It only seems bad because some people like to pick and choose easy prey, and not someone at random that might just beat them.
  8. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    27 May '06 22:021 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    28 May '06 03:21
    Originally posted by darthplutonius
    That's why challenge settings are in place, but for those of us that do not mind having so many games it is helpful. It only seems bad because some people like to pick and choose easy prey, and not someone at random that might just beat them.
    Actually almost all of my games are tournament or clan league games. I don't accept invites from people who aren't either in the Guttersnipes (I often play teaching games or opening practice games against clan members, it's in the best interest of the clan). I don't pick and choose my opponents to give easy games. I just have more than enough on my plate without every man and his dog dropping games in my lap.

If you want tons of games at a certain timelimit against certain opponents then use the open invite tool. That way you won't find yourself with 30 of your 50 games sent deleted and yourself added to 30 ignore lists.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree