Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 21 Sep '06 07:54
    Is higher or lower better?
  2. 21 Sep '06 08:35 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by beckkiieee
    Is higher or lower better?
    The better you get at chess, the higher your rating. Go to Site Map
    --->FAQs for info on how the rating's calculated.
  3. Standard member Ramned
    The Rams
    21 Sep '06 11:23
    Originally posted by FrenchQueen
    The better you get at chess, the higher your rating. Go to Site Map
    --->FAQs for info on how the rating's calculated.
    high = good.
    low = bad.

    Choose your path.
  4. 21 Sep '06 20:59
    Ratings are directly relative to a numeric-alphabetic ratio of your name and age, nothing more
  5. 22 Sep '06 00:41
    Originally posted by beckkiieee
    Is higher or lower better?
    If you lose and your rating goes down or vice versa don't you think that would be a big hint right there.
  6. Subscriber Smiffyonline
    SPS CLAN
    23 Sep '06 13:38
    Originally posted by beckkiieee
    Is higher or lower better?
    so you think lose all the time ,the better you are lol.some beauties around.
  7. Subscriber Mctaytoonline
    Highlander
    23 Sep '06 17:54 / 1 edit
    Seems nobody bothers to read these days
    The question was RANKING not RATING

    The answer is the higher your rating goes then the the higher ranked you are however this is reflected on this site as a lower number
    i.e. on this site
    Ranked no.1 at this moment is Akizy with a rating of 2453 followed by no.2 ranked Weyerstrass on a rating of 2405

    At the other end of the table ranked 13464th is GODISWITHME with a rating of 737 closely followed at 13463 by stuntman61088 on a rating of 743
  8. 26 Sep '06 15:32
    how come "golden king" is able to have 3001 rated points?
  9. Subscriber Peakite
    Sais
    26 Sep '06 16:55
    Originally posted by Thomas Laine
    how come "golden king" is able to have 3001 rated points?
    By cheating. Specifically in his case creating lots of accounts, resigning early to allow one to reach such a high level.

    Akizy is the player to have achieved the highest rating using only honest methods (i.e. playing very good chess on his own).
  10. 27 Sep '06 14:06
    kinda sad... what are the facts that influence on how much points you get per rated game?
  11. Standard member cadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    27 Sep '06 16:22
    Originally posted by Thomas Laine
    kinda sad... what are the facts that influence on how much points you get per rated game?
    FAQ
  12. 05 Oct '06 04:51
    Is the rating that a player receives via play in "Red Hot Pawn" recognized by other international correspondence chess organizations such as ICCF?
  13. 05 Oct '06 09:32
    Originally posted by stanitsa1962
    Is the rating that a player receives via play in "Red Hot Pawn" recognized by other international correspondence chess organizations such as ICCF?
    No, the ratings on RHP don't carry over to anywhere else.