1. Joined
    22 Mar '14
    Moves
    15 May '14 06:191 edit
    Is there a Rating Calculator , to Determine what Would be the Rating of Either Opponent , in The Case of a Win , Draw or Loss ?
  2. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    15 May '14 07:401 edit
    Originally posted by jimm
    Is there a Rating Calculator , to Determine what Would be the Rating of Either Opponent , in The Case of a Win , Draw or Loss ?
    Thread 80000

Reliable for ratings up to about 1800, I think. The ratings used for the calculation are the players' current ratings when the game finishes.
  3. Joined
    22 Mar '14
    Moves
    16 May '14 22:56
    That was very helpful. Thank you very much
  4. Joined
    22 Mar '14
    Moves
    16 May '14 22:58
    I am curious as to How you managed to Locate this Thread ? Before Posting I tried to Search , but to, No Avail.
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    17 May '14 09:181 edit
    I was around in 2007 reading forums when this thread was created. I immediately bookmarked it and it's been extremely useful. Nowadays I just remember the thread number. It's good that the number was so easy to remember! It would have been better if it had ended up in the FAQ, of course.
  6. Subscribervenda
    Dave
    S.Yorks.England
    Moves
    17 May '14 22:23
    Originally posted by jimm
    The way the ratings work are listed in faq.
    It's not difficult to transpose the formulae into your own xl spreadsheet.
    I did one when I first joined but I don't think you can post an xl spreadsheet into a thread.
    Can anyone help with this?
    I suspect you will find when you have been on the site for a while that ratings don't really mean much on here but if you are really interested and don't want to do your own spreadshhet I could e mail you an attatchment if you send me a pm with your address.
  7. SubscriberPonderableonline
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    21 May '14 10:09
    Originally posted by venda
    The way the ratings work are listed in faq.
    It's not difficult to transpose the formulae into your own xl spreadsheet.
    I did one when I first joined but I don't think you can post an xl spreadsheet into a thread.
    Can anyone help with this?
    I suspect you will find when you have been on the site for a while that ratings don't really mean much on here but if ...[text shortened]... do your own spreadshhet I could e mail you an attatchment if you send me a pm with your address.
    Good points venda.

* You are right you can't post spreadsheets or even formatted tables.
    *you can however do it like it has been don in the thread Kewpie refferred to.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree