1. Joined
    01 Nov '09
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 05:50
    I just won a game vs an opponent rated 400 less than I had - and I lost 10 rating post. Is that possible in the rating system used on this site?
  2. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 06:24
    Yes, that is possible until you have completed 20 rated games.

From the FAQ section of HELP. ----> FAQ

I hope this helped to answer your question.
  3. Joined
    01 Nov '09
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 06:52
    Hi,

Originally posted by mwmiller
    Yes, that is possible until you have completed 20 rated games.

From the FAQ section of HELP. ----> FAQ

I hope this helped to answer your question.

thx for the fast response. Just checkmated another player rated 400 points below myself, and lost 12 more points. well, so is the system.

I´ve never met this on another website (worst is there to get no point for a win), but so it it is.
  4. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 07:061 edit
    It is my understanding that once you have completed 20 rated games, this will no longer be a problem. The FAQ section of HELP explains how the rating system works much better than I could.

I do know that the point distribution can seem unbalanced when you play someone with a much higher or lower rating than what you have, which helps to protect the lower rated player and keep the playing field level.
  5. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    14 Aug '11 19:29
    works the other way around as well before you've played 20 rated games... the other war around as in you can lose a game and still gain points. only if your opponent is sufficiently rated higher than you though.

the idea id that your true rating will be reflected after 20 rated games...
  6. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    15 Aug '11 03:34
    Originally posted by rkoelbach
    I just won a game vs an opponent rated 400 less than I had - and I lost 10 rating post. Is that possible in the rating system used on this site?
    Will no longer happen after you complete 20 rated games (and lose your provisional status).

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree