1. Standard memberimpatient
    Big Cheese
    Pacific NW
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 18:37
    I know there must be other threads about this - but cant find the answer. Considering the a provisional player's rating is in great change for the first 10-20 games, is my rating change calculated differently? i.e. at the time of the match, a provisional opponent is rated at 1200, and 2 days later it is 1400 (made up examples). Is my rating change still calculated using the 1200 rating?
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 19:22
    Originally posted by impatient
    I know there must be other threads about this - but cant find the answer. Considering the a provisional player's rating is in great change for the first 10-20 games, is my rating change calculated differently? i.e. at the time of the match, a provisional opponent is rated at 1200, and 2 days later it is 1400 (made up examples). Is my rating change still calculated using the 1200 rating?
    I believe your answer is in the FAQ.

I believe the formula uses half points for rated players, double points for provisionals.

So, if a provisional was going to gain 20, the player would get 40. If you were going to lose 20, you will lose 10.

The FAQ is under help, or site map... and a few other places here at RHP.

P-
  3. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 19:22
    No - from the 1400.

ie. From the rating at the end of the game.
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 21:46
    Hi impatient,

welcome to the help forum. I hope you enjoy your time in here, and I hope you find it a fruitful experience. Should you not find the answer you're looking for, I find sending feedback can be a great help.

How're your pets? Good, I hope. Enjoying the summer so far?

The rating is still calculated at the end of the game, but as stated in the FAQ, the calculation for provisional games is a little different.

Hope this helps, my friend.

D
  5. Standard memberAimi
    The Iceman Cometh
    Moves
    17 Jul '07 22:57
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Hi impatient,

welcome to the help forum. I hope you enjoy your time in here, and I hope you find it a fruitful experience. Should you not find the answer you're looking for, I find sending feedback can be a great help.

How're your pets? Good, I hope. Enjoying the summer so far?

The rating is still calculated at the end of the game, but as state ...[text shortened]... e calculation for provisional games is a little different.

Hope this helps, my friend.

D
    What a friendly helpful chappy you are. Your almost as nice as the Phlab guy
  6. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    18 Jul '07 00:20
    Originally posted by Aimi
    Hey, I was nice too. :'(
  7. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    19 Jul '07 15:33
    Originally posted by Aimi
    You know we all fight like cats and dogs sometimes in the RHP forums. And we almost never agree on much. And the very fact that Ragnorak and that Phlab guy took the time to help answer impatients question, even when they don't like him much, says alot.
    Ragnorak and that Phlab guy really know the RHP system and you can pretty much trust just about anything they tell you in the help forum as far as help.

They might not have the social graces or politcal correctness to make your trip threw the help forum feel like a acid trip tip-toeing threw tulips with butterflys all around. ( even thow it looks alot like Ranorak was trying.) But they do take the time to help. And I very rarely ever even see a thank you for their time.

But they still keep helping people. So they really are friendly helpful chappy's.

🙂
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '07 16:091 edit
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    You know we all fight like cats and dogs sometimes in the RHP forums. And we almost never agree on much. And the very fact that Ragnorak and that Phlab guy took the time to help answer impatients question, even when they don't like him much, says alot.
    Ragnorak and that Phlab guy really know the RHP system and you can pretty much trust just about an ...[text shortened]...

But they still keep helping people. So they really are friendly helpful chappy's.

🙂
    Oiiii!!! - why are you all ignoring me. :'(:'(:'(

I answered first [jointly] so come on, credit where credit's due, fair play to myself and all that but.......
  9. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    19 Jul '07 16:11
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    Oiiii!!! - why are you all ignoring me. :'(:'(:'(
    oops! Sorry Doc, you are always willing to help too. 😉
  10. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    19 Jul '07 16:12
    Originally posted by KingDavid403
    oops! Sorry Doc, you are always willing to help too. 😉
    Ah that's better thanks mate. 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree