Ratings

Standard memberJayDoherty
Help 09 Oct '09 20:34
  1. Joined
    13 Sep '09
    Moves
    09 Oct '09 20:34
    I know this as probably been asked a thousand times but...
    How come my rating has fallen even after winning two games?
    How does the rating system work? I cannot fathom all the maths & equations out ( I know I'm thick) can someone explain it to me in plain english please?
    Cheers Jay
  2. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    09 Oct '09 22:01
    Originally posted by JayDoherty
    I know this as probably been asked a thousand times but...
    How come my rating has fallen even after winning two games?
    How does the rating system work? I cannot fathom all the maths & equations out ( I know I'm thick) can someone explain it to me in plain english please?
    Cheers Jay
    Quality of your opposition.
    If you were to play your first 20 games v a 750 player & win all of them then that means your stronger than a 750 player but possible not better than a 1000 player.
    The system for provisional ratings therefore takes into account the rating of your opponents.
  3. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    10 Oct '09 01:24
    Originally posted by Mctayto
    Quality of your opposition.
    If you were to play your first 20 games v a 750 player & win all of them then that means your stronger than a 750 player but possible not better than a 1000 player.
    The system for provisional ratings therefore takes into account the rating of your opponents.
    what tayto chips means to say is that until you have played 20 rated games your rating is provisional and may go down a little if you play someone with a low rating.

same goes if you play people with a high rating. you could play 20 games against 2000 players and come out with a better rating than someone who has played and beaten a bunch of 1000 rated people.

after 20 games you'll go up after winning and down after losing.

give it around 40 games and you'll have you're true rating.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree