Ratings

Standard memberPigface1
Help 08 Sep '07 17:21
  1. Joined
    06 Sep '07
    Moves
    08 Sep '07 17:21
    Hi

Ive read the ratings FAQ four times, I think i understand the basics (despite not being a mathematical genius which you need to be to understand it!) one thing I dont know though, is there a penalty for playing people much lower than you because I have my rating now but new players (on 1200) give me a decrease in points,I know that thats covered in the FAQ and its because they are provisional, but will I lose points for playing people with proper ratings that are lower than me? I want to still play my friends who are rated lower but am slightly put off if I am going to keep losing points all the time.

Thanks.
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '07 17:27
    Originally posted by Pigface1
    Hi

Ive read the ratings FAQ four times, I think i understand the basics (despite not being a mathematical genius which you need to be to understand it!) one thing I dont know though, is there a penalty for playing people much lower than you because I have my rating now but new players (on 1200) give me a decrease in points,I know that thats covered in th ...[text shortened]... rated lower but am slightly put off if I am going to keep losing points all the time.

Thanks.
    No, there is no penalty when playing inferior opponents.

But, you are still provisional player, and you are provisional until you finished your 20th game. During this period, the calculation is not regular and your rating may appear erratic during this time.

See the FAQ again how your rating is calculated for provisional players.

Your profile says: "Ratings are provisional until 20 rated games are completed. Ratings may appear erratic until this time."
  3. Joined
    06 Sep '07
    Moves
    08 Sep '07 22:30
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    No, there is no penalty when playing inferior opponents.

But, you are still provisional player, and you are provisional until you finished your 20th game. During this period, the calculation is not regular and your rating may appear erratic during this time.

See the FAQ again how your rating is calculated for provisional players.

Your profile say ...[text shortened]... e provisional until 20 rated games are completed. Ratings may appear erratic until this time."
    Thanks I knew I was provisional until 20 games, sorry for my poor wording, and thanks for answering my question

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree