1. Joined
    24 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 Aug '08 21:591 edit
    I have a new mobile phone that has a full web browser ... I can get to the redhot front page, but when I do, the red bar across the top to log on is not there.

(1)
    Does anyone know of another place to log on

(2)
    Is there a separate mobile based url (www) that is made for access via mobile phone internet browsers?
  2. USA
    Moves
    14 Aug '08 05:021 edit
    Originally posted by the czar
    I have a new mobile phone that has a full web browser ... I can get to the redhot front page, but when I do, the red bar across the top to log on is not there.

(1)

(2)
    Is there a separate mobile based url (www) that is made for access via mobile phone internet browsers?
    Try this: http://www.redhotpawn.com/mobile
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Aug '08 08:18
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    Try this: http://www.redhotpawn.com/mobile
    ... or http://mobile.redhotpawn.com
  4. USA
    Moves
    14 Aug '08 15:34
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    ... or http://mobile.redhotpawn.com
    thats what I meant...
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    15 Aug '08 06:00
    Originally posted by Dance Master MC
    thats what I meant...
    I thought so...😉
  6. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    15 Aug '08 22:43
    Originally posted by the czar

(1)

(2)
    Note: As a non subscriber you'll find that the mobile site has a limit of 500 moves (the 'normal' sites are not affected - only mobile.redhotpawn.com).
  7. Joined
    15 Aug '08
    Moves
    17 Aug '08 11:23
    I have tryed to acess the moble site but still cant view the board on my Treo 700wx It has windows mobile 5.0 operating system tryed to chasnge the settings but still nopieces on the board i see the board but no game any advice
  8. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    17 Aug '08 16:53

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Myrtle Beach
    Moves
    22 Aug '08 16:24
    Originally posted by chessophile
    I have tryed to acess the moble site but still cant view the board on my Treo 700wx It has windows mobile 5.0 operating system tryed to chasnge the settings but still nopieces on the board i see the board but no game any advice
    www.opera.com
  10. Joined
    17 Sep '08
    Moves
    20 Sep '08 01:52
    Originally posted by chessophile
    Java needs to be running.

I believe this information needs to be posted on the FAQ page.

I have not been able to get my phone to show a board yet. A few chessmen here and some over there, but nothing I can use. I tried to set to the older settings. I'll try older Micro board. Any help from a site administrator would be Great.😀
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    20 Sep '08 05:41
    Originally posted by Merkman
    Java needs to be running.

I believe this information needs to be posted on the FAQ page.

I have not been able to get my phone to show a board yet. A few chessmen here and some over there, but nothing I can use. I tried to set to the older settings. I'll try older Micro board. Any help from a site administrator would be Great.😀
    The Opera browser works fine for me. Have you tried this?
  12. Joined
    17 Sep '08
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 01:442 edits
    I've tried all I know. I have opera running, (thanks, this helped some) I've tried many board sizes and styles, including the basic low performance option. I can see the pawn which was captured on the last move but no board or even a sample board. I can see all of the text and several pages. It's like I can only see the right side of the page when the board is small or standard size. The board is on the left on my desktop.
    Do I need to be a subscriber to get the game on my phone?
    Give every detail you can please.
    Board size
    Set type
    Board color
    Do I need to go to the analyze page to see the board?
    How do I make a move with my phone?
    Do I type in my move ( e2-e4) or highlight the squares?
    Thanks.
  13. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    22 Sep '08 19:11
    I've tried all I know. I have opera running, (thanks, this helped some) I've tried many board sizes and styles, including the basic low performance option. I can see the pawn which was captured on the last move but no board or even a sample board. I can see all of the text and several pages. It's like I can only see the right side of the page when the board ...[text shortened]... make a move with my phone?
    Do I type in my move ( e2-e4) or highlight the squares?
    Thanks.
    There is an option on the board settings page - it's a link in the text between the "board size" drop down and the sample board. The link sets your board up to be a reduced feature board - it's there for providing an interface that can be used through browsers that have "funnies" in their javascript etc.
    Try that with http://mobile.redhotpawn.com
  14. Joined
    17 Sep '08
    Moves
    07 Oct '08 13:581 edit
    Well, It's either my V3Razor or operator error. I can figure out the position by using the FEN, can I make a move by using the FEN?
    Black is in Check.
    Basically from:
    3r1rk1/pbq1p1b1/1p2B1pp/2p1n3/N1P5/PP2P3/5PPP/R1B1QRK1
    to:
    3r1r1k/pbq1p1b1/1p2B1pp/2p1n3/N1P5/PP2P3/5PPP/R1B1QRK1
    or
    3r1rk1/pbq1pnb1/1p2B1pp/2p5/N1P5/PP2P3/5PPP/R1B1QRK1
    or
    3r2k1/pbq1prb1/1p2B1pp/2p1n3/N1P5/PP2P3/5PPP/R1B1QRK1
    Is there a method to enter the move like this???
  15. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    07 Oct '08 14:59
    Well, It's either my V3Razor or operator error. I can figure out the position by using the FEN, can I make a move by using the FEN?
    Black is in Check.
    Basically from:
    3r1rk1/pbq1p1b1/1p2B1pp/2p1n3/N1P5/PP2P3/5PPP/R1B1QRK1
    to:
    3r1r1k/pbq1p1b1/1p2B1pp/2p1n3/N1P5/PP2P3/5PPP/R1B1QRK1
    or
    3r1rk1/pbq1pnb1/1p2B1pp/2p5/N1P5/PP2P3/5PPP/R1B1QRK1
    or
    3r2k1/pbq1prb1/1p2B1pp/2p1n3/N1P5/PP2P3/5PPP/R1B1QRK1
    Is there a method to enter the move like this???
    Not as far as I know.

The 'submit' button uses the following hidden parameters -
    srcxfile
    srcyrank
    tgtxfile
    tgtyrank

They specify the source and target locations of a move using a numeric coordinate system starting at a8 = 0,0 and h1 = 7,7. The form is posted back to the same page using another parameter that states a move is being made (actiontype=moverequest).

So to specify an opening move for example of d2-d4 you'd need to first translate the chess notation to the coordinate system (3,6 - 3,4) and then construct the following to add to the game URL and request the page.

.../core/playchess.php?gameid=XXXXXXX&actiontype=moverequest&srcxfile=3&srcyrank=6&tgtxfile=3&tgtyrank=4

The move will be validated and rejected if it's illegal - but be careful in working out the coordinates properly or you could end up moving something either too far or not far enough.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree