1. Joined
    16 Jun '07
    Moves
    18 Oct '07 19:19
    My game 4128762 has a refresh problem. Before I can make a move I must refresh several times before the latest move appears.

However, on this occasion the advertising appears (I'm not a member) which stops the refresh process. Clicking through the advert returns me to the out-of-sync game.

(other than suggesting I register to avoid the 'annoying adverts'😉
    WHAT SHOULD I DO?
  2. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    18 Oct '07 19:37
    Originally posted by littledrummerboy
    My game 4128762 has a refresh problem. Before I can make a move I must refresh several times before the latest move appears.

However, on this occasion the advertising appears (I'm not a member) which stops the refresh process. Clicking through the advert returns me to the out-of-sync game.

(other than suggesting I register to avoid the 'annoying adverts'😉
    WHAT SHOULD I DO?
    Do you need to refresh to see your own move - or your opponents.

Once you hit the submit button, be patient until the screen loads again with the move made - refreshing at this point will resend the move to the server - might cause problems, better to use the 'refresh board' link.

If you can;t see your opponents move, well .... maybe they haven't moved yet?
  3. Joined
    16 Jun '07
    Moves
    19 Oct '07 03:48
    I'm talking about the "Refresh Board" button - I wouldn't be so stupid as to click the browser Refresh and re-send my move! (although I'm sure the system won't allow that anyway).

BUT on a happier note, I've solved the problem myself:

By copy-and-pasting the "Befresh Board" link back into the address bar, then appending "&nonag=true" I was able to repetedly refresh the board until the moves had caught up (as I have been doing all day). But WITHOUT the advert page interfering.

And now I see that the refresh problem has fixed itself. yay!
    Perhaps this is some subtle way to make me buy a registration?

My brother is less than impressed - he was hoping to abandon the game before his ratings suffered (!)
  4. Joined
    16 Jun '07
    Moves
    21 Oct '07 11:04
    THE PROBLEM'S BACK WITH VENGEANCE!
    Can anybody help?

THE SYMPTOMS:
    When opening up the game after my oponent's last move (having received an e-mail notification), I have to press Refresh Board several times until I get to see the latest move played. Until then I can't make my own move.

Also, when I click Analyze Board, the set is as per the 2nd or 3rd move way back at the start, and I have to manually place the pieces to 'catch-up'.

My oponent is having the exact same problem (different platform), and this is the 2nd game exhibiting these symptoms.

The biggest problem is, when forced to press Refresh Board several times, the advert 'nag' is displayed thus voiding the 'refresh'. The only way to proceed is to add &nonag=true to the URL.

If I was to PURCHASE a membership, would the refresh error disappear? (I'm not talking about the nag adverts - they're just an added complication).
  5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    21 Oct '07 12:33
    Originally posted by littledrummerboy
    THE PROBLEM'S BACK WITH VENGEANCE!
    Can anybody help?

THE SYMPTOMS:
    When opening up the game after my oponent's last move (having received an e-mail notification), I have to press Refresh Board several times until I get to see the latest move played. Until then I can't make my own move.

Also, when I click Analyze Board, the set is as per the ...[text shortened]... appear? (I'm not talking about the nag adverts - they're just an added complication).
    You better let us all know what browser you use (IE or Firefox / etc.) and what version you have. Can't hurt to tell us about your computer either. Perhaps someone can figure this out.

P-
  6. Joined
    30 Oct '07
    Moves
    02 Nov '07 16:56
    I am learning to play chess and new to playing RHP. After opening the game with a move and hitting the submit button how can I verify that my online opponent has received the move at his end?
  7. Standard memberimpatient
    Big Cheese
    Pacific NW
    Moves
    02 Nov '07 20:38
    Originally posted by granddad1
    I am learning to play chess and new to playing RHP. After opening the game with a move and hitting the submit button how can I verify that my online opponent has received the move at his end?
    Either assume he has because that generally has not been an issue or PM him.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree