Register

Standard membersigrun
Help 01 Oct '13 07:34
  1. Joined
    19 Jan '10
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 07:34
    Hi, when I tried to register, my iPad changed my username to something stupid. Now I can't do anything because the site is waiting for me to validate it - is it easy to change the name after registering? Athol
  2. Joined
    19 Jan '10
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 07:36
    It's not sigrun, but athol asking the question.
  3. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 07:52
    Originally posted by sigrun
    Hi, when I tried to register, my iPad changed my username to something stupid. Now I can't do anything because the site is waiting for me to validate it - is it easy to change the name after registering? Athol
    Yes it is possible, but only admins can do that and only if the intended name hasn't been taken. Send feedback via the link at the bottom of the page.
  4. Joined
    15 Jan '13
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 12:03
    I tried but I keep getting automated messages asking me to verify - frustrating! Athol
  5. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 13:25
    I'm confused. Sigrun, siegrun, athol. One of you can access the site, so that one can send feedback. I don't know if you will be able to get anything changed for a different username though, it's a problem with anonymous sites. If they don't ask you for personal details when you sign up, how do they know you're the same person? It might be easier to just sign up with a different name, then write down the exact spelling of that name and the email address you've supplied and keep them safe.
  6. Joined
    19 Jan '10
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 16:06
    the point is Athol hasn't actually verified the eml! But we don't know how to delate the wrong username & we can't start anything new unless we get another emladdress like you said. But that seems rather extreme.
  7. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    01 Oct '13 20:58
    Try this. Send a feedback, giving intended username, unintended username, email address, and "please see thread 155653". Then be patient, feedback can sometimes take several days, particularly if it is in the "other" category.
  8. Standard memberRevRSleeker
    CerebrallyChallenged
    Lyme BayChesil Beach
    Moves
    02 Oct '13 21:09
    Originally posted by sigrun
    It's not sigrun, but athol asking the question.
    Can you clarify your other account, I cannot find an 'athol' registered on site...

That's if I'm understanding the query, 'athol' cannot sign in so you created this new account ??

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree