1. Seattle
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 05:11
    how can I get the system to remember my name and password for this compputer so I don't have to type them in every time I log on..?
  2. SubscriberC J Horse
    A stable personality
    Near my hay.
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 09:13
    If you have your system set to accept cookies, you should not need to log in every time (unless you click on 'log out' when you leave).

But.

If you use more than one PC you will need to amend your site settings to enable multiple browsers. Go to "My Settings", then "My Site Settings" and tick the box for multiple browsers.
  3. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    10 Oct '11 14:31
    What browser are you using? As already mentioned by cj, I do believe you must have it set up to save cookies.

I use firefox, and if you go to the top menu bar and ckick Tools, then click "options/security", you will see in the middle of the page where you can choose to save passwords.

Any changes you make to your browser configuration often do not take effect until you exit your browser and restart it. It's a good idea to do that right away when you have everything set the way you want it.

When you first go to a site that requires a username and password you will have to enter that information. Then the browser will open a window and ask if you want to save the password. This will happen as soon as you enter the password. Watch for it, because it doesn't always stand out when it comes up.

I'm sure that other browsers have the same features but you will have to explore a little to find out how to configure your options.
  4. Seattle
    Moves
    27 Oct '11 02:59
    that's exactly what happened to me...I missed the question to remember the password on my first visit to Red Hot Chess. Now I'm trying to figure out how to bring that window up again. Checking 'remember passwords' in tools>security doesn't do it
  5. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    27 Oct '11 10:08
    Originally posted by jakejjk
    that's exactly what happened to me...I missed the question to remember the password on my first visit to Red Hot Chess. Now I'm trying to figure out how to bring that window up again. Checking 'remember passwords' in tools>security doesn't do it
    When you log out from the site, it usually will ask you again the next time you log in.
  6. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '11 02:40
    Originally posted by mwmiller
    When you log out from the site, it usually will ask you again the next time you log in.
    Sounds like he choose the 'never remember password for this site option'.
  7. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    28 Oct '11 02:45
    If you click 'exceptions' beside the remember passwords option is there anything there?
  8. Seattle
    Moves
    28 Oct '11 03:43
    nope, exceptions is blank. I have amazon.com in my saved passwords list, but can't figure out how to add red hot chess to that list. Just logging out and back in doesn't help.

Seems like the box which asks whether you want the system to remember your name and password only comes up when you first log on after joining and never again..

Maybe I just need to re-join red hot chess as a new member with a new name :-)
  9. Joined
    08 Apr '06
    Moves
    06 Nov '11 14:59
    How do I reset my password?
  10. Subscribermwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    06 Nov '11 17:30
    Originally posted by wildemouse
    How do I reset my password?
    Go to "My Settings" and click "My Personal Details".
    You can change it there at the top of the page.
    Make sure you click the update button at the bottom of the page when you are done.
  11. Stouffville
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 22:10
    Why is Log out hidden in my games. How can I log out?
  12. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 22:56
    Originally posted by Dharmadurai
    Why is Log out hidden in my games. How can I log out?
    The dark-coloured bar at the top of the page (probably red). It's the last clickable item on the righthand end of the bar, above "BlitzBlogsClubs".
  13. Standard membercadwah
    ¯\_(^.^)_/¯
    Moves
    23 Dec '11 10:31
    nope, exceptions is blank. I have amazon.com in my saved passwords list, but can't figure out how to add red hot chess to that list. Just logging out and back in doesn't help.

Seems like the box which asks whether you want the system to remember your name and password only comes up when you first log on after joining and never again..

Maybe I just need to re-join red hot chess as a new member with a new name :-)
    Try logging into one of the other versions of the site:
    www.redhotpawn.com
    www.timeforchess.com
    www.chessatwork.com
    www.playtheimmortalgame.com

Don't forget to click on remember password 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree