1. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 07:12
    Hello,
    I just got a reminder not to use engines on the site, and had to click that I'd read and understood the terms of service etc. Now, I don't use engines and don't even use the analyse board function, as I use the site essentially for OTB practice. How come I received this reminder? Thanks for any help!
  2. Earth
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 07:20
    Originally posted by rhoalpha
    Hello,
    I just got a reminder not to use engines on the site, and had to click that I'd read and understood the terms of service etc. Now, I don't use engines and don't even use the analyse board function, as I use the site essentially for OTB practice. How come I received this reminder? Thanks for any help!
    We all got it, it was a general reminder for all site members, not based on any suspicion against you.
  3. Joined
    21 Nov '07
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 08:21
    OK, thanks... reassuring! 🙂
  4. Earth
    Moves
    06 Mar '08 19:26
    Originally posted by rhoalpha
    OK, thanks... reassuring! 🙂
    See the quote on my profile. I like it. I am not sure if I totally trust it as genuine, but whoever said it, it neatly sums up the difference between great chess players, and great chess computers 🙂
  5. Bel Air, MD
    Moves
    07 Mar '08 02:57
    I was a bit worried about that myself. As it happens, I'm in a tournament game and have managed to come back from a 6 pawn deficit against an opponent nearly 200 points stronger than me and am now poised to win. It was total dumb-ass luck but, between that and the server failure borking the game history, I was concerned somebody thought I had used an engine.

Like the other poster, I'm here to keep my mind sharp, using an engine would just be a waste of my time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree