1. Joined
    02 Jul '11
    Moves
    03 Aug '11 12:57
    I am playing with my grandson and want to spot him a piece but can not remove a piece in the "set up game" procedure. I did this before, was able to remove a piece - but 1. I had to move first. I can not remove the piece perhaps because I am on an iPad. Thanks to those that reply.
  2. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    04 Aug '11 01:07
    did you do it on the same account last time? i thought the advanced options could only be used if you had played 20 rated games...
  3. Joined
    02 Jul '11
    Moves
    06 Aug '11 23:32
    Nope, I went where you set up the board to suit yourself.
    Left side of "New Game"
    I removed a piece but can't figure out how I did it.
  4. Joined
    14 Jun '11
    Moves
    17 Aug '11 09:01
    You can change or remove pieces by double-clicking on them. You should get a sort of context menu after doing so where you can choose to remove, change the colour or type of the piece.
  5. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    17 Aug '11 12:12
    Originally posted by Great Bear
    Nope, I went where you set up the board to suit yourself.
    Left side of "New Game"
    I removed a piece but can't figure out how I did it.
    Arrange the board by clicking a piece then selecting a destination square.

Right or double click the board to display contextual options.

This will allow you to add and remove pieces of either color.Click 'Start from this board' to return to the new game page or 'Cancel set piece game' to return and play a regular game.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    17 Aug '11 13:10
    PRO TIP: You can move a piece on top of a matching piece for a quick way to delete pieces. This only works when you have more than one of a matching piece however.

P-
  7. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    18 Aug '11 06:02
    Right-click on the piece you want to move, one of the options it offers is "remove piece".
  8. Joined
    10 Jan '08
    Moves
    19 Aug '11 04:451 edit
    i'm sure set-piece games can only be set up when you've played 20 games, i remember getting annoyed with that with this account. or was that setting up a rating range when creating open invites... hhmm. maybe both.

edit: i see he was able to remove a rook, most have been the open invite thing...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree