1. Brum, UK
    Moves
    20 Aug '10 14:28
    I enjoy playing on RHP, and I am probably on the site every other day.
    I would like to subscribe - but maybe you can devise intermediate plans of subscription - say for 3 months or 6 months, in addition to your 12 months plan, or even a monthly charge.

With that you'll give more flexibility to people to chip in with what they can and when they can. In these days of some financial hardship, that might bring in more revenue, and I don't think that the technicalities to implement would be so expensive.

Best wishes, and congratulations for the site and for its maintenance.

EmilBrum
  2. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    20 Aug '10 15:38
    Originally posted by EmilBrum
    I enjoy playing on RHP, and I am probably on the site every other day.
    I would like to subscribe - but maybe you can devise intermediate plans of subscription - say for 3 months or 6 months, in addition to your 12 months plan, or even a monthly charge.

With that you'll give more flexibility to people to chip in with what they can and when they can. In ...[text shortened]... ensive.

Best wishes, and congratulations for the site and for its maintenance.

EmilBrum
    Ask your ISP to give you free internet, and that cash you save can be put towards RHP.

Do you drink coffee? Cut back.

Drive a car? Consider a bike. I've switched to a bike just so I can sub here.

There are a lot of better solutions to this problem, just be creative. Skip a lunch, save 2 or 4 bucks. Rather than go to a movie, get the pirated version on DVD.

Just a few months back a guy robbed a bank in my area. He was on a bike. He asked for 50K, and was only caught because he was riding so fast with a frantic look.

Turns out he only got 32K, but if he had reasonable transportation I am SURE he would have got away with it.

So anyway, I guess I should say RHP used to have 'short term' subscriptions like you ask for, but people would join 4 clans and 20 tournaments and not subscribe for years until their games ran out... there by having all privileges of full subs for a long time while only paying for a couple months. This feature will not come back.

P-
  3. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    21 Aug '10 03:55
    As Phlabibit said, short-term subscriptions provide loopholes for abusing the system, so they're unlikely to return.

What I'd like to see is a non-recurring subscription, not the current auto-until-cancelled process which discourages third parties from donating a membership to a worthy opponent or as a competition prize.
  4. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    21 Aug '10 05:46
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    As Phlabibit said, short-term subscriptions provide loopholes for abusing the system, so they're unlikely to return.

What I'd like to see is a non-recurring subscription, not the current auto-until-cancelled process which discourages third parties from donating a membership to a worthy opponent or as a competition prize.
    What do you have against "donating" or "donated" subscriptions? I haven't done it, and I am lucky enough to be able to pay for my own subscription. I'm just not offended by any donated subscription.
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    21 Aug '10 08:34
    Originally posted by coquette
    What do you have against "donating" or "donated" subscriptions? I haven't done it, and I am lucky enough to be able to pay for my own subscription. I'm just not offended by any donated subscription.
    I don't have anything against donated subscriptions, I think it's a great idea. I just don't want to pay someone's sub once and in the process set up my credit card for an annual hit whether the person is still around or not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree