1. Standard memberJamin
    Irresponsible Quoter
    0 games mating
    Moves
    22 Nov '08 13:53
    Noticed a couple anomalies with the scripts.
    Games waiting displaying incorrectly,
    Piece count changes to zero when clicking on any piece to move.
    Usually threads unread remain highlighted, but sometimes they do not.
    Using FF 2.0.0.18.

Anyone else experience this? I'm sure the issue is something really simple I haven't thought of...
    My apologies if this was posted before.

-J
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    22 Nov '08 20:14
    Originally posted by Jamin
    Using FF 2.0.0.18.

Anyone else experience this? I'm sure the issue is something really simple I haven't thought of...

-J
    Why aren't u using the most recent version of FF? Having said that, the read threads script is sketchy at best, and I'm not sure about the others.

D
  3. The sky
    Moves
    22 Nov '08 20:21
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Why aren't u using the most recent version of FF? Having said that, the read threads script is sketchy at best, and I'm not sure about the others.

D
    I have the same problem with the piece count with FF 3.0.4. The thread highlighting seems to work fine, though. The RHP add-on got switched off when I switched to the newest FF version because it's not compatible.
  4. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '08 22:05
    If I've understood it correctly - FF script rely on that RHP never changes in its code. It does. If ouroboros (the author of the scripts) doesn't notice the changes, the scripts can be outdated very quickly and appear buggy. However, Russ doesn't have to inform ouroboros of the changes.
  5. Standard memberJamin
    Irresponsible Quoter
    0 games mating
    Moves
    24 Nov '08 02:03
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    If I've understood it correctly - FF script rely on that RHP never changes in its code. It does. If ouroboros (the author of the scripts) doesn't notice the changes, the scripts can be outdated very quickly and appear buggy. However, Russ doesn't have to inform ouroboros of the changes.
    Understood.
    Most scripts still work in fashion intended anyways.
    I don't want to sound complain-y 😉
    Thanks for the replies.
  6. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    24 Nov '08 17:081 edit
    Using FF 2.0.0.18.

-J
    Make sure that you are running the most recent versions of all of the scripts. The thread marking one is working fine for me. If you want to restart from scratch, uninstall the script and click the box "Also uninstall associated preferences".

I'm assuming that the piece count script broke due to a change. I'll take a look at it and update if possible.

As for the number of games waiting, that's in the extension (add-on) and not a Greasemonkey script. Can you describe the situation in which it is reporting the incorrect number? The extension polls RHP every 5 minutes so changes in between that time might not be reflected.
  7. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    24 Nov '08 17:12
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    I have the same problem with the piece count with FF 3.0.4. The thread highlighting seems to work fine, though. The RHP add-on got switched off when I switched to the newest FF version because it's not compatible.
    The newest version of the script is hosted at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7566 but requires you to have an account and login before downloading.
  8. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    24 Nov '08 18:28
    New version of piececount script at:

http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/piececount.user.js?ver=20081124.user.js
  9. The sky
    Moves
    24 Nov '08 21:51
    Originally posted by ouroboros

Thanks, it works fine in the game now, but I just found out that the piece count on the analysis board is a different script (I got really confused when I uninstalled the piece count script and still got a faulty piece count!). Apparently it's part of the Game Analysis script. Can you update that as well? Thanks for all the work you put into this!
  10. The sky
    Moves
    24 Nov '08 21:53
    The newest version of the script is hosted at https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/7566 but requires you to have an account and login before downloading.
    Ah. I'll look into it (I don't have an account so far).
  11. Standard memberJamin
    Irresponsible Quoter
    0 games mating
    Moves
    25 Nov '08 02:47

Thank you Ouroboros.
    Re-installed script and add-ons,
    everything works now as intended.

The error with the piece count was only when you clicked on a piece to move, then the counter would reset to zero.

The games waiting seemed to be permanently stuck in low 40's then I'd hit 'games waiting' in bottom corner and there was usually 50-60 waiting.
    (Clan leagues, not the add-ons perhaps...)😞

Thanks again for the cool goodies and the support!

-J
  12. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    25 Nov '08 16:10
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    Thanks, it works fine in the game now, but I just found out that the piece count on the analysis board is a different script (I got really confused when I uninstalled the piece count script and still got a faulty piece count!). Apparently it's part of the Game Analysis script. Can you update that as well? Thanks for all the work you put into this!
    New version at:

http://members.shaw.ca/ouroboros/RHP/analysis.user.js?ver=20081125.user.js
  13. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    25 Nov '08 16:121 edit

The games waiting seemed to be permanently stuck in low 40's then I'd hit 'games waiting' in bottom corner and there was usually 50-60 waiting.
    (Clan leagues, not the add-ons perhaps...)😞
    If you are playing a lot of games and/or against people that move quickly, there is a greater chance of the number of games waiting to be out of date. As well, if you check the site more frequently than every 5 minutes, you will likely see a difference. The add-on is specifically designed not to poll at a faster rate than every 5 minutes to not overburden the server.
  14. SubscriberRuss
    RHP Code Monkey
    RHP HQ
    Moves
    25 Nov '08 16:22
    Specifically designed not to poll at a faster rate than every 5 minutes to not overburden the server.
    And for that, I am very grateful. Hopefully, in the near future, this can be increased as I plan to improve the performance of checking for available waiting games.
  15. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    27 Nov '08 06:391 edit
    ...but requires you to have an account and login before downloading.
    Ugh, I've already given my email out to enough people who spam me. Isn't there some other way to get the add-on?

Edit: Meh, nevermind - I took the plunge. I'll just add 'em to the junk sender list if they spam me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree