1. Joined
    03 Mar '06
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 15:21
    Well, I am rated in my country local ELO 1760 what can be compared to FIDE 1900 - 2000.

But on this server I must fight to keep the 1700 level, maybe I soon will be even glad to be rated 1600. I lose against people rated RHP 1500 ! I checked one of the games I lost (against a player rated 1520 at the moment we played, now only 1480): from move nr. 10 to move nr. 40 there were all his moves except one completely identical with the best move according to software.

So what?

Are RHP ratings strange and by far too low or does this site has a serious cheater problem???
  2. Joined
    03 Mar '06
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 15:28
    I should add that I basically think that this is an absolutely great site and a fantastic place to play corr. chess!!! The feature I like most compared with the main competitor, is that you can play here faster corr. games with 1 day/move.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 15:41
    Originally posted by Bryan Ferry
    Well, I am rated in my country local ELO 1760 what can be compared to FIDE 1900 - 2000.
    And you have RHP 1693 in rating at RedHotPawn.

You should see the different ratings as separate ratings and not as equivalent ratings.

If there is a chess club only playing among themselves and never with other clubs - this club will experience a similar effect, that the ratings drift at either direction, up or down. Our 'club' don't play with other non-internet clubs either, therefore our ratings will drift as well.

Nothing strange with this.
  4. Joined
    19 Mar '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 18:50

But on this server I must fight to keep the 1700 level, maybe I soon will be even glad to be rated 1600. I lose against people rated RHP 1500 ! I checked one of the games I lost (against a player rated 1520 at the moment we played, now only 1480): from move nr. 10 ...[text shortened]...

Are RHP ratings strange and by far too low or does this site has a serious cheater problem???
    I have to disagree.

My over the board rating is 1814 but my RHP rating is 1650 or so. But I don't blame this on my opponents cheating.

I have been playing some rather suckky chess. I am sure if you analyse your games effectively you will see where you went wrong.

PS I have taken a look at some of your games before posting.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    14 Mar '06 19:44
    Originally posted by demonseed
    I have to disagree.
    RHP is an 'isolated club' and then you get this sliding of rationg points. Exactly the same occurs OTB-clubs when not exchanging rated games with other clubs.

If my RHP rating is the same, better or worse than club ratings, I have not the slightest idea. If you know after examining my games, please, let me know.
  6. Joined
    19 Mar '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '06 13:01
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    RHP is an 'isolated club' and then you get this sliding of rationg points. Exactly the same occurs OTB-clubs when not exchanging rated games with other clubs.

If my RHP rating is the same, better or worse than club ratings, I have not the slightest idea. If you know after examining my games, please, let me know.
    There are too many players on this site to view the ratings as an isolated club and stop repeating your earlier posts: I had read what you posted.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    16 Mar '06 15:232 edits
    Well, sometimes I have to repeat myself.😉

RHP *is* an isolated club in this sence that RHP never exchange rating points with rest of the world. We never get points from outside RHP and never give points to the rest of the world. Therefore RHP ratings drifts in relation to world as a whole.

Why is that? Well, think of a rating system as a container of points. Then how do points get into the container? And how will points leave the container? The answers to those questions explains why RHP ratings never are syncronized by the rest of the world. In order to do that we have to calibrate the systems to each other by adjustment from time to time.

So my 1497 points in RHP doesn't reflect the strength in my local chess club nor vice versa.
  8. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    17 Mar '06 20:46

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Joined
    28 Feb '05
    Moves
    18 Mar '06 01:54
    Originally posted by Sicilian Smaug
    Are you the real Bryan Ferry from that group Queen?😲
    Please tell me that was meant to be ironic!

(Bryan Ferry = Roxy Music)
    (Brian May = Queen)
  10. Joined
    24 Feb '06
    Moves
    18 Mar '06 18:41

But on this server I must fight to keep the 1700 level, maybe I soon will be even glad to be rated 1600. I lose against people rated RHP 1500 ! I checked one of the games I lost (against a player rated 1520 at the moment we played, now only 1480): from move nr. 10 ...[text shortened]...

Mr Bryan Ferry has posted a challenge in the open invite page - I have accepted on about 4 occasions - he always deletes the game.
    I presume he wants to play someone who won't beat him but I would consider it very bad manners of him, although not cheating - to pretend that his Invites are Open
    He is frightened to play me anyway
    :-)
    Lara
  11. Joined
    03 Mar '06
    Moves
    19 Mar '06 16:191 edit
    obviously a wise decision, I dont like bragging opponents 😛
  12. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '06 01:41
    Originally posted by Torchwood
    Mr Bryan Ferry has posted a challenge in the open invite page - I have accepted on about 4 occasions - he always deletes the game.
    I presume he wants to play someone who won't beat him but I would consider it very bad manners of him, although not cheating - to pretend that his Invites are Open
    He is frightened to play me anyway
    :-)
    Lara
    That's up to him. When someone accepts an invite and then deletes it themselves is the most annoying.....in fact I'm making a list of all the time wasters....to be published soon.
    So beware! 😠
  13. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    20 Mar '06 03:37
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    That's up to him. When someone accepts an invite and then deletes it themselves is the most annoying.....in fact I'm making a list of all the time wasters....to be published soon.
    So beware! 😠
    Am I on the list? I better be.
  14. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    20 Mar '06 03:50
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Am I on the list? I better be.
    No need to put you on the list - everyone already knows about your peculiar habits.
  15. 127.0.0.1
    Moves
    21 Mar '06 17:30
    Originally posted by demonseed
    There are too many players on this site to view the ratings as an isolated club
    Wrong. RHP ratings can only be compared to RHP ratings. There is a good chance that most of them differ from FIDE ratings by a set differential, but we don't know that number.

Since it is an elo rating the only thing you can garner from it is your % chance to beat another RHP player. i.e. playing some 300 points below you, you should win 85% of the time.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree