1. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    25 Mar '07 02:01
    I have read the FAQ regarding this subject, and I am not provisionally ranked.
    My problem is this: I tend not to gain many points when I win a game, compared to the large amount I lose when I lose a game. For example, I beat a player about 350pts higher than me and gained 17pts. I lost to a player about 50pts lower than me, and lost about 100pts. I also managed to beat a few players with much higher scores than me(5 or 6 of them) and barely gained 50pts in total. One lose to a higher player will eradicate all of them by recent trends.
    Is there some system that punishes a lose far more severely than it rewards a win?I generally tend to play against people higher than me in the scores so its not that. A few of my mates have had similar problems.
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '07 02:17
    Originally posted by Makbeth
    My problem is this: I tend not to gain many points when I win a game, compared to the large amount I lose when I lose a game. For example, I beat a player about 350pts higher than me and gained 17pts. I lost to a player about 50pts lower than me, and lost about 100pts. I also man ...[text shortened]... eople higher than me in the scores so its not that. A few of my mates have had similar problems.
    Your graph appears normal and doesn't seem to confirm what you are saying here.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    25 Mar '07 07:21
    My problem is this: I tend not to gain many points when I win a game, compared to the large amount I lose when I lose a game. For example, I beat a player about 350pts higher than me and gained 17pts. I lost to a player about 50pts lower than me, and lost about 100pts. I also man ...[text shortened]... eople higher than me in the scores so its not that. A few of my mates have had similar problems.
    You were provisionally rated until your 20th game. During that period the rating calculations may seem erratic but in fact isn't.
    From the 21th the calculation of your rating is straight forward and easy to follow.
    See the FAQ for further information.
  4. Ede, Netherlands
    Moves
    30 Mar '07 16:27
    You played only one game against someone whose rating was higher than 1300.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree