1. San Diego
    Moves
    26 Jun '07 18:51
    I know I just saw this in the forums somewhere recently, but I can't find it. How can I view an opponent's vacation days if he or she has the vacation icon up? It's not visible on the player's page; nor is there a hyperlink associated with any of the icons. Thanks.
  2. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    26 Jun '07 20:042 edits
    Originally posted by HolyT
    I know I just saw this in the forums somewhere recently, but I can't find it. How can I view an opponent's vacation days if he or she has the vacation icon up? It's not visible on the player's page; nor is there a hyperlink associated with any of the icons. Thanks.
    You can't!
    But you should be able to, of course.
    Why you cannot is a mystery - to me anyway. Maybe it's too difficult to integrate into the system - though I doubt that.

You can look at your own, if you are a subscriber and have any set but then you would probably already know if you were on vacation wouldn't you?
    Ah, don't forget it doesn't actually have anything to do with vacations [as in seasides and airplane flights]

In answer to your next question: Yes it is. 🙁
  3. San Diego
    Moves
    26 Jun '07 20:15
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    In answer to your next question: Yes it is. 🙁
    Thanks, Dr. What was my next question that you were anticipating? Was it, "Isn't that a stupid way to manage vacations?"?
  4. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    27 Jun '07 01:54
    Originally posted by HolyT
    Thanks, Dr. What was my next question that you were anticipating? Was it, "Isn't that a stupid way to manage vacations?"?
    I refer you to my previous reply. 😉
  5. Joined
    17 Jul '07
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 04:26
    How the heck do you show that your on vacation. Do you have to be a subscriber. Cause if you do thats just wrong.
  6. Joined
    26 Jun '06
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 05:27
    we have more games, and need more help with managing them...

and p.s- we paid 🙂
  7. Subscribercoquette
    Already mated
    Omaha, Nebraska, USA
    Moves
    21 Jul '07 05:55
    Originally posted by babalookazoomicwho
    How the heck do you show that your on vacation. Do you have to be a subscriber. Cause if you do thats just wrong.
    yes, you must be a subscriber and many subscribers completely agree with you and have suggested changing the system to be fair.

I would suggest that you make your comments known in several thread sites: state for the record that you find the unequal status (vacation privilege and not having the option, subscriber versus non-subscriber) as being completely unequal and not in the spirit of chess and harmful to the site. that is, are you more or less inclined to join RHP because of the vacation status and you are more or less likely to refer others to RHP because of this .. inequality?

please do not hold the shortcomings of this unfair rule against the mambership. i believe that most of us are with you, but that once the rule was put in place, the unforeseen consequences only then became apparent. i am sure that the vacation rule will be revised soon, but i cannot say how soon, or make the comment with any certainty
  8. Standard memberAiko
    Nearing 250000...!
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 22:40
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    You can't!
    But you should be able to, of course.
    Why you cannot is a mystery - to me anyway.
    Probably for reasons of privacy.
  9. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    22 Jul '07 23:59
    Originally posted by Aiko
    Probably for reasons of privacy.
    Probably not methinks.

You don't have to leave your address - no ones going to burglarize your premises while you are on "vacation" on a chess site. 😕

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree