1. U.K.
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 15:49
    I keep trying to play games with set pieces but the site keeps telling me that i have not created a legal board position. Does this mean my rating is too low?

Or is there anyway around this slight problem....
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 15:57
    Originally posted by Spunrightout
    I keep trying to play games with set pieces but the site keeps telling me that i have not created a legal board position. Does this mean my rating is too low?

Or is there anyway around this slight problem....
    What's the fen of the position that you are trying to set up.

If you use Firefox, ouroboros has a great script for making the setup process easier. Click on the link in my location to the left.

D
  3. U.K.
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 16:16
    When trying to start a game I go to advanced options and place a tick in set piece bex and it doesnt as for an FEN. As for firefox i dont use it..
  4. Joined
    12 Dec '06
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 16:54
    the message about not creating a legal board position means exactly what it suggests, there is something about the positioning of the pieces you are using that doesnt follow the rules of the game therefore the board cannot be set up. if you post either a diagram of the board or the FEN (from the bottom of the set piece screen) on here then it would make it easier to say why it is invalid. hope this is of some help
  5. U.K.
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 17:01
    Thanx to joshua b's message, I think I know how to solve this but where do I go to create my own borad
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 Feb '07 18:53
    Originally posted by Spunrightout
    Thanx to joshua b's message, I think I know how to solve this but where do I go to create my own borad
    Get Winboard.

use the Set Position and put your pieces where you want them.

Next, copy out the fan and paste it here.

Winboard is here:

http://www.tim-mann.org/xboard.html

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree