1. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    24 Apr '09 12:38
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    I see that there is a settings for accepting challenges based on rating. I wish there was a setting based on the number of games your opponent is playing simultaneously. I would prefer to never under any circumstances have to play someone who is playing 1000 games. Heck, I'd rather not play anyone who is playing more than 100 games. The fact that this ...[text shortened]... ly. Please set an upper limit or allow me to defend myself from these jokers thru my settings!
    How many more threads do you want to start in this subject?

Thread 111635

If you are not happy then why not cancel your membership and obtain a refund?
  2. Joined
    21 Dec '06
    Moves
    24 Apr '09 14:33
    Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
    @iru - Less than 20 games and the players rating may seem erratic. After 20 rated games the ratings settle down properly.
    Sorry if it was not clear but I was talking about number of games in progress, not the number of completed games. I believe that was the topic of the first message in this thread.
  3. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    25 Apr '09 22:351 edit
    I take it back - I would prefer to have "move frequency" (the little icon thingy) to be the additional tournament condition. Altho (personally) I would prefer not to play someone carrying a giant load of games - their play must suffer but the exact ratio depends on many factors (age, real playing strength, other obligations - like eating and sleeping and whether you have to work to be able to do that) so I can recognize that the amount will be different for different people and circumstances.

I wonder - are stats ever published? How many games on the site are won by timeouts versus actual play? That is my real beef - I would prefer not to play someone who is going to time out. If they are also playing 1000+ more games I suspect the likelihood of that is greater. (If they play 1000+ plus games and play like crap because of it I realize there is not much I can do about that - I can play like crap with far fewer games!)

ALSO - I started this thread first and someone told me to go to the site suggestion place and start another one - I went to the wrong place - so sue me! I'm new here. Are you the welcome-wagon? (Maybe I need a refund?)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree