1. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    18 Nov '10 01:29
    Originally posted by gording
    Thanks.I learn a bit more everyday.I`m playing someone at the moment who has his holiday "wings" posted...I`m sure he is well past the 21 day time bank...but no scull?
    Vacation = no ability to timeout.

Time will still be running down for the player and if he does not move before his vacation period ends it is likely that the skull will appear.
  2. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    18 Nov '10 09:25
    In Game 7804701 your opponent has no time remaining and as soon as his vacation flag falls you will see a skull. Since you only have 21 minutes remaining yourself, shortly afterward he will see a skull too. The one who first clicks on his skull will be awarded the win.
  3. THORNINYOURSIDE
    Moves
    19 Nov '10 17:59
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    In Game 7804701 your opponent has no time remaining and as soon as his vacation flag falls you will see a skull. Since you only have 21 minutes remaining yourself, shortly afterward he will see a skull too. The one who first clicks on his skull will be awarded the win.
    Nay, nay and thrice nay.

There can only be one skull at a time and the skull will be on the person whose move it is if they have fully utilised their playing time and are not on vacation.
  4. SubscriberKewpieonline
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    20 Nov '10 01:32
    Originally posted by adramforall
    Nay, nay and thrice nay.

There can only be one skull at a time and the skull will be on the person whose move it is if they have fully utilised their playing time and are not on vacation.
    You're right, I didn't express myself very well. I was trying to point out that if the person with the skull didn't return to collect it immediately it appeared, there was a good chance that the delinquent would get in a move, and then the first player would only have 21 minutes before becoming the timeout target himself. Not sure that it's any clearer now. 😕
  5. Standard memberwarchessky
    Warchessky
    Albuquerque, NM
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 05:55
    I have not been able to find any reference to skulls in the help or FAQ area. Someone please enlighten me. What's the deal with skulls?
  6. Standard memberIgloo
    Fishing
    In the icebucket
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 06:141 edit
    Originally posted by warchessky
    I have not been able to find any reference to skulls in the help or FAQ area. Someone please enlighten me. What's the deal with skulls?
    FAQ

The idea behind skulls is to click on them when they appear.

They will appear when your opponent has not moved in the agreed upon time settings.

[edit] Kind of what you did in Game 7980870 to claim the win. But if you could do this, why post?
  7. Standard memberwarchessky
    Warchessky
    Albuquerque, NM
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 06:22
    I did so to see if the action would remove the game from my active list thus making room for someone who might actually play a game. So far all of my opponents have just sort of drifted off. Thanks
  8. Standard memberIgloo
    Fishing
    In the icebucket
    Moves
    08 Dec '10 06:42
    Originally posted by warchessky
    I did so to see if the action would remove the game from my active list thus making room for someone who might actually play a game. So far all of my opponents have just sort of drifted off. Thanks
    Ah. Makes sense. A word to the wise, if your opponents keep "drifting off", look for someone who has been here for long enough to drop their provisional rating. They're not as likely to stop moving suddenly.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree