1. Joined
    27 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Apr '09 17:46
    I contacted the developers about this, but I want to know if other people are having the same trouble. I try to sort my games by the Time column, but the games don't appear in the right order. A workaround is to sort by the Last Move column, but that only works for games with the same time control. Thanks for your input.
  2. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    23 Apr '09 21:36
    Originally posted by trumbull2400
    I contacted the developers about this, but I want to know if other people are having the same trouble. I try to sort my games by the Time column, but the games don't appear in the right order. A workaround is to sort by the Last Move column, but that only works for games with the same time control. Thanks for your input.
    I believe the games do sort by time - but by total time (timeout + timebank). The column does not show the timebank element, but it is used in the calculation of time left.
    If you hover you mouse over a time you should see a tool-tip that tells you how much timebank there is.

I'd like the option to simply sort by what's left on the timeout and not include the timebank when sorting games.

You could try sending feedback and highlighting this as a bug - you may find that this "bug" is actually a "feature".
  3. SubscriberMctayto
    Highlander
    Planet Earth
    Moves
    23 Apr '09 23:42
    Sorting by last move works for me
  4. Joined
    27 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '09 01:16
    Originally posted by orangutan
    I believe the games do sort by time - but by total time (timeout + timebank). The column does not show the timebank element, but it is used in the calculation of time left.
    If you hover you mouse over a time you should see a tool-tip that tells you how much timebank there is.

I'd like the option to simply sort by what's left on the timeout and not inc ...[text shortened]... ack and highlighting this as a bug - you may find that this "bug" is actually a "feature".
    "I believe the games do sort by time - but by total time (timeout + timebank). The column does not show the timebank element, but it is used in the calculation of time left."

Ah! I hadn't thought of that possibility. But after a quick scan of my games, it still does appear that the sorting is flawed.

"I'd like the option to simply sort by what's left on the timeout and not include the timebank when sorting games."

I would like that option as well.

Regarding sorting by the Last move column: this does sort games in the proper order, but only those that have the same time control.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    24 Apr '09 04:20
    Ah! I hadn't thought of that possibility. But after a quick scan of my games, it still does appear that the sorting is flawed.
    I don't think my-time-left sorting order works for me either. I've proposed another sorting order:

This is what I want:
    (1) On top I want every game with a flashing red clock.
    (2) Then I want every game with a steady red clock.
    (3) Then I want every game with a dimmed gray clock.
    (4) Then I want every game where my opponent thinks.
    Within each category sorted in descending (?) order.
    I.e. a panic list!
  6. hirsute rooster
    Moves
    24 Apr '09 21:40
    ... . But after a quick scan of my games, it still does appear that the sorting is flawed. ...
    In the time column you'll see the the time is a link that brings up a little pop-up with all the details of the time remaining.
    Sorting by the tiime column basically does the sorting based on when the game is susceptible to timeout. The list can look in the wrong order, but is actually ok - this is especially true if you've used up little bits of your timebank.

There are two annoying things about this - one is that you don't get the link (or see the time) for games where it's not your move, and the other is that the sort is by final skull availability - not by the timeout period. It's also confusing when the results are sorted by something that you cannot see directly.

I try and play all my games without using any of my timebank - I like to leave that as a buffer.
  7. Joined
    07 Mar '09
    Moves
    25 Apr '09 22:22
    I would be happy if the time column actually showed the time (without the time bank) for each game whether you are on the move or not. You have to open the game to see your opponent's time - it would be nice to not have to do that.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree