Stalemate

Standard memberVince123
Help 04 Nov '05 08:05
  1. Mililani, Hawaii
    Moves
    04 Nov '05 08:05
    What do you do or what does the site do in the following situation: You only have your king left and your opponent, of course, has his king, but say his queen as well. Then you find that you are not in check, but you realize also that you can not make a move because that move would would put you into check (obviously an illegal move). What then? Do you claim a draw? Does the site indicate a draw or stalemate in some way as it does a Rematch? Would appreciate help in this matter.
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    04 Nov '05 08:13
    Originally posted by Vince123
    What do you do or what does the site do in the following situation: You only have your king left and your opponent, of course, has his king, but say his queen as well. Then you find that you are not in check, but you realize also that you can not make a move because that move would would put you into check (obviously an illegal move). What then? Do you ...[text shortened]... ate a draw or stalemate in some way as it does a Rematch? Would appreciate help in this matter.
    That is stalemate and is indicated by the site automatically. The game will be drawn.
  3. Standard memberBowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    RHP IQ
    Moves
    04 Nov '05 21:48
    It's one of the basic rules of chess which all beginners should learn.
  4. In your face
    Moves
    05 Nov '05 00:30
    Have you tried turning it off, and then back on again?
  5. Mililani, Hawaii
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 07:43
    Hey, thanks XanthosNZ. That's just the answer I was hoping for. I knew that was a stalemate, but I didn't know what I had to do, if anything, or if the site would take care of it, eg., as it does in Castling, when you only have to move the King. I really appreciate the answer and I hope I can pull a stalemate off in a game I'm playing right now.
  6. Mililani, Hawaii
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 07:51
    Jeez, Bowmann, I've got to get out of projecting that beginner's appearance, unless that's really reality for me; then if that is the case, I don't know what I'm going to do, except maybe play more game, study more chess, and stop asking beginners' questions, huh? Hey, thanks for your response, really!
  7. Mililani, Hawaii
    Moves
    06 Nov '05 07:54
    I think I'm OK now with that particular stalemate now. Thanks though.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree