Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 04 Nov '05 13:14
    my game was declared stalemate and a draw was given, I was in controle of the game had two queens etc.
    anyone know the reason?
  2. 04 Nov '05 13:21
    Originally posted by brenda
    my game was declared stalemate and a draw was given, I was in controle of the game had two queens etc.
    anyone know the reason?
    I presume you're referring to this game:-



    Unfortunately for you, your opponent has no legal moves. His pawns are blocked and his king cannot move without putting itself into check. Because he is not currently being checked the position is a stalemate.
  3. 04 Nov '05 13:25
    Now I understand. thank you, that mistake to be avoided in the future.
  4. 04 Nov '05 14:04
    Originally posted by brenda
    Now I understand. thank you, that mistake to be avoided in the future.
    Can someone make sure Bowmann reads this as a textbook example of query/polite informative response/thanks?
  5. Subscriber invigorate
    Only 1 F in Uckfield
    04 Nov '05 15:57
    The thread below this (Sticky Thread) was posted 6 years in the future!
  6. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    04 Nov '05 16:41
    Originally posted by brenda
    Now I understand. thank you, that mistake to be avoided in the future.
    Along with others, if you learn the rules of the game.
  7. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    04 Nov '05 16:42
    Originally posted by invigorate
    The thread below this (Sticky Thread) was posted 6 years in the future!
    Or 94 years into the past
  8. 04 Nov '05 18:22
    Originally posted by Bowmann
    Or 94 years into the past
    no, it's the future, to keep it on top until that date is reached.
  9. Standard member Bowmann
    Non-Subscriber
    04 Nov '05 21:42
    Originally posted by Coconut
    no, it's the future, to keep it on top until that date is reached.
    I predict a Y11 bug...