Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

  1. 14 Sep '06 10:58
    Newbie here.

    As a non-subscriber, I played 60+ games with my boyfriend in order to learn to play chess.

    Now I see that these rated games affect the way others respond to my challenges, etc. I don't give a darn about my rating at this point other than how it inhibits future games/tournaments, etc.

    Now that I am a subscriber, is it possible to wipe the slate clean and start over?

    Thanks in advance.
  2. Standard member XanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    14 Sep '06 11:19
    Originally posted by beckwheat
    Newbie here.

    As a non-subscriber, I played 60+ games with my boyfriend in order to learn to play chess.

    Now I see that these rated games affect the way others respond to my challenges, etc. I don't give a darn about my rating at this point other than how it inhibits future games/tournaments, etc.

    Now that I am a subscriber, is it possible to wipe the slate clean and start over?

    Thanks in advance.
    Nope.
  3. 14 Sep '06 11:19
    Originally posted by beckwheat
    Newbie here.

    As a non-subscriber, I played 60+ games with my boyfriend in order to learn to play chess.

    Now I see that these rated games affect the way others respond to my challenges, etc. I don't give a darn about my rating at this point other than how it inhibits future games/tournaments, etc.

    Now that I am a subscriber, is it possible to wipe the slate clean and start over?

    Thanks in advance.
    No, not possible.
  4. 14 Sep '06 13:55
    Okay, well that's pretty cut and dried. Thanks for the replies!
  5. 14 Sep '06 16:01
    Maybe your boyfriend could let you win a couple of games to raise your rating?
  6. Subscriber Ragnorak
    For RHP addons...
    14 Sep '06 20:00
    Originally posted by beckwheat
    Now I see that these rated games affect the way others respond to my challenges, etc. I don't give a darn about my rating at this point other than how it inhibits future games/tournaments, etc.
    Enter a few tournaments, or join a clan. People can't really refuse to play you.

    Then your rating will quickly go to whatever your true rating is.

    D
  7. 18 Sep '06 20:44
    Originally posted by adje
    Maybe your boyfriend could let you win a couple of games to raise your rating?
    Isn't that against the TOS?
  8. 19 Sep '06 00:06 / 1 edit
    Yep - sort of.
  9. 19 Sep '06 08:27
    There a tournament open at the moment that would suit you - (Broad Banded Quartets II 0-1200)

  10. 19 Sep '06 12:12 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by kw72uk
    There a tournament open at the moment that would suit you - (Broad Banded Quartets II 0-1200)

    A group size of 21 players gives 40 new games at one instant.
  11. Standard member orfeo
    Missing 285 + 1
    19 Sep '06 13:29
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    A group size of 21 players gives 40 new games at one instant.
    Um, 'quartets' usually means a group size of FOUR. You sure you're looking at the right number?
  12. 19 Sep '06 14:31
    Originally posted by orfeo
    Um, 'quartets' usually means a group size of FOUR. You sure you're looking at the right number?
    No, I was wrong. Sorry.
    6 new games should it be, if I counted right.