1. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Oct '06 18:521 edit
    I have a summers worth of photos I downloaded from my camera and they have been saved as SVG files. I can't get them to open and had a hell of a time just finding where they had been stored on my computer. From what I've read, this is some format that HP installed and if I don't choose where to save them they get saved to a "My Photo Album" file that HP put in.

So, has anyone had trouble with this? And are there any solutions to getting them viewable? I would also like to resave them as JPEGs to the folder of my choice.

Help!!
  2. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    13 Oct '06 18:591 edit
    Originally posted by Frank Burns
    I have a summers worth of photos I downloaded from my camera and they have been saved as SVG files. I can't get them to open and had a hell of a time just finding where they had been stored on my computer. From what I've read, this is some format that HP installed and if I don't choose where to save them they get saved to a "My Photo Album" file that H ...[text shortened]... uld also like to resave them as JPEGs to the folder of my choice.

[b]Help!!
    [/b]
    I don't suppose you have Adobe Illustrator? That would let you open and convert them.

Check out this wiki for some free open-source apps that do that. Inksource looks promising.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SVG_Tools

Edit: If you just want to be able to see them, Firefox 1.5 has native support for SVG files. Ya gotta install it first, of course. Once you do, go to your folder of SVG files, right-click on one, choose "Open with..." and select Firefox. Should display for you.
  3. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Oct '06 19:05
    Thanks Buzz! I'll look into it now and see what I can figure out. Hopefully I can get it sorted out over the weekend. I'll let you know how things turn out.

Greatly appreciated!
  4. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    13 Oct '06 22:25
    I have a summers worth of photos I downloaded from my camera and they have been saved as SVG files. I can't get them to open and had a hell of a time just finding where they had been stored on my computer. From what I've read, this is some format that HP installed and if I don't choose where to save them they get saved to a "My Photo Album" file that H ...[text shortened]... uld also like to resave them as JPEGs to the folder of my choice.

[b]Help!!
    [/b]
    Let us know if buzzard's advice doesn't help. Also, if possible, try to change your camera's format to jpg, or some other univeral standard.

D
  5. Standard memberleisurelysloth
    Man of Steel
    rushing to and fro
    Moves
    13 Oct '06 22:51

[b]Help!!
    [/b]
    I use Picasa, available free from Google:

http://www.google.com/intl/en/options/

to view .NEF files from my Nikon camera. It will also convert the images to jpeg. I don't know if it will work for your file type though.

It has some annoying features, mainly associated with how it wants to take over and "organize" your pictures for you, but it has the distinct anvantage of being FREE.
  6. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Oct '06 19:20
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Let us know if buzzard's advice doesn't help. Also, if possible, try to change your camera's format to jpg, or some other univeral standard.

D
    I will Rag, thank you. I always thought it was on a jpg format. Maybe something got changed? I'll have to look at the camera.

And read the goddammit instructions too...
  7. Standard memberFrank Burns
    Great Big Stees
    Account suspended
    Moves
    14 Oct '06 19:21
    My thanks to the leisurely one too :o)
  8. Joined
    22 Aug '05
    Moves
    14 Oct '06 20:05
    If necessary you could also try this;

http://www.processtext.com/abcsvg.html

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree