Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Help Forum

Help Forum

1. 10 May '08 02:03
    I am running into a strange problem: Anytime I click on the menu bar -- My Home My Settings all the way across to Help -- I get the following message:

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /mygames/ on this server.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat) Server at www.redhotpawn.com Port 80

I didn't used to have this problem. I am wondering if it might be my new computer with Windows Vista. What's going on??? Thanks.
  2. 11 May '08 09:43
    Originally posted by basso
    I am running into a strange problem: Anytime I click on the menu bar -- My Home My Settings all the way across to Help -- I get the following message:

Forbidden
    You don't have permission to access /mygames/ on this server.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat) Server at www.redhotp ...[text shortened]... am wondering if it might be my new computer with Windows Vista. What's going on??? Thanks.
    Vista shouldn't change anything. Send feedback (bottom of page)
  3. 12 May '08 14:28
    Originally posted by Policestate
    Vista shouldn't change anything. Send feedback (bottom of page)
    I hade the same bug in Windows NT.
    When I now have a new PC with Vista, I don't have it.
  4. 12 May '08 21:32
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    I hade the same bug in Windows NT.
    When I now have a new PC with Vista, I don't have it.
    but vista is built upon NT architecture
  5. 15 May '08 14:57
    I got my pawn (black) to king row and the choice of a promotion was offered --- I clicked on the Queen (black) and NOTHING happens.
  6. Standard member Phlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    15 May '08 16:04
    Originally posted by thompsonpoet
    I got my pawn (black) to king row and the choice of a promotion was offered --- I clicked on the Queen (black) and NOTHING happens.
    I don't see any games where you have a pawn on the last rank, be it black or white. Game Number?

P-
  7. 15 May '08 16:17
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I don't see any games where you have a pawn on the last rank, be it black or white. Game Number?

P-
    I am guessing it was Game 4966459, and xe got the problem solved.
  8. Standard member John of Reading
    Scotch addict
    02 Mar '09 13:53
    Bump.

Was this menu bar problem ever solved? I've just started using RHP on a shiny new Vista machine and can't use the menu bar either.

Vista Home Ultimate SP 1
    Windows Internet Explorer 7.0.6001.18000
  9. 02 Mar '09 23:28
    I have the same problem (Vista Home Premium SP1 and IE7). I've sent feedback once or twice and have received no response. I've tried allowing/disallowing cookies and I've tried using the trusted sites list under Internet Options, but the problem persists.
  10. 03 Mar '09 00:24
    whew we all of you ever learn, vista is and always we be crap.
  11. 03 Mar '09 06:45
    Originally posted by trev33
    whew we all of you ever learn, vista is and always we be crap.
    The bandwagon is driving the opinions on Vista more than actual experience, I suspect. I've had very little difficulty with Vista, and find it to be a powerful, easy-to-use, and stable OS.

Any ideas for the problems at hand? Thanks.
  12. Standard member John of Reading
    Scotch addict
    07 Mar '09 22:15
    driveway has posted a solution in Thread 109422