1. Joined
    17 Aug '05
    Moves
    02 Jun '07 14:19
    After playing nearly 1600 games on this site I have decided to try to create a local db for them. I know, I should have done it sooner. Anyway I joined less than 999 days ago so theoretically I can have all my games mailed to me, 100 at a time. I have been working on this for a couple days and I am still missing about 500 games.

The email games option allows you to get the games where the last move was made within X days. When I use 999 I get my first 100 games completed. Perfect. Decreasing that number provides a different set of 100 always in natural database order. I get duplicates which is easy to resolve but I am also missing games. I think I am missing games that were completed in a short abount of time. I think I am getting the logic wrong. So the question is this....

If I can request games where the last move was made within the last X days how can I systematically select a decreased number of days based on the completion dates of the previous set of 100 and not miss any games ?

Any ideas ?
  2. Standard memberRagnorak
    For RHP addons...
    tinyurl.com/yssp6g
    Moves
    02 Jun '07 14:25
    Originally posted by RookGrabber
    After playing nearly 1600 games on this site I have decided to try to create a local db for them. I know, I should have done it sooner. Anyway I joined less than 999 days ago so theoretically I can have all my games mailed to me, 100 at a time. I have been working on this for a couple days and I am still missing about 500 games.

The email games opt ...[text shortened]... based on the completion dates of the previous set of 100 and not miss any games ?

Any ideas ?
    Its a crappy system, and it needs to be revised.

You should be able to specify the start date and end date of the 100 days. It is set up the way it is so that the server doesn't get hit, but it probably hurts the server more with people trying to get the right subsets of games.

Dunno if this helps, but find the most recent game in the first set of games you got. Say, if that game ended 600 days ago, then use 601 as your "last move date". Then with that batch of games, find the most recent and repeat. Let me know if it works.

D
  3. Joined
    17 Aug '05
    Moves
    02 Jun '07 14:29
    Originally posted by Ragnorak
    Its a crappy system, and it needs to be revised.

You should be able to specify the start date and end date of the 100 days. It is set up the way it is so that the server doesn't get hit, but it probably hurts the server more with people trying to get the right subsets of games.

Dunno if this helps, but find the most recent game in the first set of ga ...[text shortened]... hen with that batch of games, find the most recent and repeat. Let me know if it works.

D
    That's exactly what I did, over and over. There are some great Date Calculators out there to help with the calendar math. =) I got lots of duplicates and deleted them. I am still about 400 games short. I will keep trying and if I come up with the answer I will post it.

I am glad you didn't post how easy it was and some simple thing I was missing. =)

Thanks.
  4. Joined
    11 May '07
    Moves
    02 Jun '07 15:05
    Does this help in the meantime?

http://www.redhotpawn.com/gamesexplorer/index.php?username=RookGrabber&movelist=&flip=0&co=w&u=-1&c=1400
  5. Joined
    17 Aug '05
    Moves
    02 Jun '07 21:34
    Originally posted by Pterodactyl
    Does this help in the meantime?

http://www.redhotpawn.com/gamesexplorer/index.php?username=RookGrabber&movelist=&flip=0&co=w&u=-1&c=1400
    Thank you. I had not looked at that before. I still want all my games locally but that is a nice tool.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree