1. DonationChris
    Site Admin
    Wimbledon
    Moves
    02 Apr '08 15:021 edit
    If you disable your GreaseMonkey scripts this should now work!

Please let us know how you get on.

-Chris
  2. Standard memberBedingbedang
    commente moi donc ça
    Montreal
    Moves
    05 Apr '08 15:48
    Yep, it works!

you need to disable the scripts before opening the game (disabling the scripts once the page is already loaded doesn't solve it)
  3. Joined
    23 Jul '05
    Moves
    05 Apr '08 17:271 edit
    Originally posted by Chris
    We are still trying to find out what this issue is. Please could anyone who experiences this problem post their browser version (for example, Firefox 2.0.013), plus the move they are trying to make in their games.

Many Thanks,
    Chris
    Just starting today I've noticed this very problem with Game 4827292, I've not noticed any problems with any other games so far.
    Currently, this problem is with Firefox (version 2.0.0.13), there isn't the same problem when I log into Internet Explorer.
    (I do have greasemonkey userscripts installed).
    Ideally i would have made the move 12. f3.

edit: disabling greasemonkey did fix the problem. 🙂
    ...but I don't want to have to disable it. 😉
  4. Standard memberBedingbedang
    commente moi donc ça
    Montreal
    Moves
    05 Apr '08 18:16
    A quick way to disable/re-enable greasemonkey is clicking on the monkeyface icon in the status bar of firefox.

Hopefully there won't be any new games with this problem now that it's known and we'll be over with this as soon as current games are completed.
  5. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    06 Apr '08 13:32
    Originally posted by Bedingbedang
    A quick way to disable/re-enable greasemonkey is clicking on the monkeyface icon in the status bar of firefox.

Hopefully there won't be any new games with this problem now that it's known and we'll be over with this as soon as current games are completed.
    If you have some time, you can try disabling the scripts one by one to try to find the script that is causing problems. You can right-click the Greasemonkey icon and choose 'Manage User Scripts'. Choose one of the scripts and then uncheck the 'Enabled' checkbox. Do this before viewing the game that you want to make the move in.
  6. Standard memberBedingbedang
    commente moi donc ça
    Montreal
    Moves
    07 Apr '08 20:13
    Originally posted by ouroboros
    If you have some time, you can try disabling the scripts one by one to try to find the script that is causing problems. You can right-click the Greasemonkey icon and choose 'Manage User Scripts'. Choose one of the scripts and then uncheck the 'Enabled' checkbox. Do this before viewing the game that you want to make the move in.
    I did it and found it's RHP Game Score.

It's not the most useful add-on so someone with a lot of these games can probably do without that script for a while... or someone more skilled than me could probably find out how to correct that script ;-)
  7. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    08 Apr '08 15:31
    Originally posted by Bedingbedang
    I did it and found it's RHP Game Score.

It's not the most useful add-on so someone with a lot of these games can probably do without that script for a while... or someone more skilled than me could probably find out how to correct that script ;-)
    Ah, okay, that makes sense as I usually don't use that script.

I'm guessing that the problem is due to the broken game history. I don't have any games like that currently so cannot test it.
  8. Subscriberouroboros
    Digital Alchemist
    Moves
    08 Apr '08 20:23
    Originally posted by ouroboros
    Ah, okay, that makes sense as I usually don't use that script.

I'm guessing that the problem is due to the broken game history. I don't have any games like that currently so cannot test it.
    New version of the gamescore script is out. Hopefully, this will fix the issue.
  9. Standard memberBedingbedang
    commente moi donc ça
    Montreal
    Moves
    08 Apr '08 20:26
    just installed it, I'll let you know as soon as my opponent moves!
  10. Standard memberBedingbedang
    commente moi donc ça
    Montreal
    Moves
    08 Apr '08 21:48
    Good work, just tried it and it works fine!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree